Calling all Proceed AVP 2 owners..please advise

Guys..just trying again to see if I cen get some feedback on whether the upgrade I have on order(with no sign of being filled yet I might add)is worth it.....2 channel priority with arcam transport feeding it but also interested in surround differences experienced...its $5000 aud so no chickenfeed..but just about everything is expensive here...thanks
dtebbutt

Showing 2 responses by audiogon143c

Had a conversation with Richard at Harmon today (came over from Madrigal). They are repairing Proceed but will not be upgrading or writing new software. So much for getting up-to-date laser technology that will handle DVD-R's or some of the newly authored DVD's that won't play on my PMDT but work fine on my son's $50 Koss. Was waiting loyaly & patiently for DVD-A et cetera. Now the question is whether or not to take advantage of one of the last AVP2 upgrades available out there.
That's worth a shot. I just did one of the last AVP2 upgrades out there, so I'm still appreciating it. I would like to get a shot or 2 in for my PMDT. I paid $6k for a unit that acts like a hunk of crap too often. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for some talented 3rd party to come along & support Proceed stuff. I think the units are worthy & there's enough of them out there. Anyway, count me in on any action.