Mt First McIntosh

It arrived last night....the 2105. The seller said the wood case had been taken very good care of the past 45 years. He had to have lied, there is no way this sweet, virgin perfect case is more than 6 months old!

It sounds great, better than I expected.......and......my God is she beautiful!! I'm 52 listening to my first Mac. I've tried to share this with my friends, but they have no idea what I'm talking about or how I feel. She is SO beautiful, especially with the rest of the lights turned off.

Stevie Wonder, Mel Torme, Carole King and Chet Baker never sounded so good to my ears. This must be what you guys have been enjoying.

Did I mention she's so beautiful?
paul_graham
Ahhhh yes my First McIntosh...I remember that day. Warning there is no cure for Blue Meter Fever. However you can subside it's side effects, feed the fever, starve a cold. Enjoy her, but at 45 she will teach you things about your music collection you never dreamt of.
In 1976, I bought my first McIntosh 2100. (same as the 2105, but without the faceplate and meters) I bought it new, because my friend's dad said it was the "best", and I took his word for it. I kept that amp and loved it for 12 years and made the mistake of selling it to my friend. Two years later, I found a used 2105 in the paper and bought it. I have had other amps, including an MC300 I shouldn't have sold, but won't make the mistake of selling this one again. It's a great amp, and a true classic. Enjoy it.
I understand your elation over having finally gotten Mac gear! I drooled over their gear for several years, and finally in 1978 I was able to get brand new stuff, a C32 preamp, MR78 tuner, and MC2205 power amp. I've loved their gear ever since, even tho I no longer have those pieces. Welcome to the "Mac club"!
Congrats on your Mc getting your Mc gear. Finally after many decades of desire i took the plunge and purchased my first Mc gear, a MA6600. I am so very glad I did. Only wish I had done it sooner.
I have been a Mac user for 20 years, MC2100 to be exact, As Roxy mentioned it is the same spec as the 2105 except without the meters. I love it so much I bought another one, so now I bridged it and use them as mono block, one for each speaker, (Vandersteen 2CE Sig. II ) let me tell you, wow! It really woke up the speakers, so much clearer, better staging and more deeper bass. Anyway just recently I bought an MC2105 for back up just incase. So I know you'll be happy with the 2105 believe me I know.