What s wrong with Krell HTS?

I'm looking to buy an A/V preamp for music and HT and I noticed lots of used Home Theater Standard's for sale at attractive discounts. Is there something wrong with this unit? Is ths Proceed AVP better, easier to set up, etc.?
draw
Most Hi Fi nuts, myself included, always upgrade to the latest and greatest preamps. (or speakers or amps or whatever) Krell has decided to completely redesign their KAV line. That includes the HTS and all of the KAV amps. More important, the HTS now has several new features to go along with the new look, including an analog bypass. So, yes, everyone is running to dump their "old" HTS's to upgrade to the "new" HTS's. One more thing, ALL of the KAV amps are being discontinued..ALL! That includes the 150, 250, 250a/3, and the 1500. They are not being redesigned, they are being dropped, so you will also see alot of these amps going as well. They are making a new 5 channel HT amp only with more models to come later this year. So it's gonna be 1 5 channel HT amp and all of the other amps will be FPB. Hence the quick rush to sell.
Ericbee,
Thanks for the informative response. What are your thoughts on the quality/musicality of the KAV amps. Regarding the HTS, an analog bypass should have been a prerequisite for a $6K Pre- don't you agree? Seems Krell took an inferior approach to their HT(KAV) products on now they're regrouping.
I have a Audio Video Standard and FBP 300. I use a Wadia 22 CD transport and Pioneer DVD player as a transport for HT. I think that the AVS as a DAC/preamp sounds really good. The original AVS's come with a Bypass mode although it isn't a true pass through (the amp will convert an analog source to digital). I don't have that problem though because I only feed it only a digital signal. I don't think you could go wrong with one, especially at the used price of $5k - $7k. I have listened to many systems over the years and only have heard better systems (both HTS and music) that cost many times more than what you would pay retail for the Krell combo. Paying used prices only makes it that more attractive.