pick a DVD player for my HT

I want to buy a good used DVD for my HT around $1,200. Can someone help me out. thanks a lot
minhthous
Ditto on the above. For price & perfomance in the price range you are listing the Sony is impossible to ignore.
I wouldn't forget about the Toshiba SD9200, I think new it goes for 2,000 have seen then for about 1,200 on here
Minhthous:

Guess what?!?!?!?!?!?! I just got the latest issue of "The Perfect Vision" today, and this issue covers DVD Players in depth. If you have access to this issue of the magazine, you may try looking at that for some pointers. That would be a good place for you to start.

But from what I am seeing now in this issue, I think I have to agree with all the previous posters who has posted their post before me. If you want a DVD Player that plays music (SACD capability) as well, then there is the Sony DVP-S9000ES. If picture quality is more of a concern, the Pioneer Elite DV-37 deserves consideration. And if I may, I would also like to add the Toshiba SD6200 -- $1,200.00 (MSRP) to the mix. Or if you are willing to shop around, maybe you can find a Toshiba SD9200 -- $2,000.00 (MSRP) for about $1,200.00 to $1,500.00.

Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

--Charles--
I think the Pioneer Elite DV-09 has been missed, yes, it doesn't play progressive format, but has great 480i! It also has exceptional DAC's, and can be had used for $800.

By the way MSB is working out a progressive upgrade for this player, given it's been many mags reference player for a while, I'm sure this upgrade would keep you at the near top of the market for far less than the $1200 you're looking to spend.
If you want resale value and a great picture you buy the 9000es as the resale market will be bigger because of sacd.