Speakers with Rotel amp

I'd like to get suggestions for speakers that match well with the Rotel RB-991 amp using the Rotel RX-975 as a pre-amp. I don't have room for electrostatics and enjoy jazz, classical and female vocals(Bonnie Raitt/Diana Krall). Thanks
loshinskie0c67
What are you using for a cd player.I still think you need to revisit you amps.What are your present speakers.
I would stick with the vandys 2ce sig as they always seem to have more bass in home (ask to borrow the floor pair as they are most likely broken in). I don't know what you front end is but I'd work on a preamp next (tubes will make you drool) unless your front end is really bad (ie mass market cd player with no d/a. Macdonj is right rotel can be tilted up that why I suggest tube pre and if you can leave your equipment on all the time as that will tame some of the harshness
Thanks again all. My goal is to put together a system piece by piece over the next 3-6 months. Budget for the whole system would be $4-5 K. I started with the Rotel receiver and agree it is not the best but wanted something to hold me over until I can afford higher end stuff. I thought I would get speakers next(spending $2500 or less), then upgrade to better electronics. Since I could use the Rotel as a pre-amp I thought a better amp would make a difference. What I'm hearing is I should probably reconsider the Rotel. I've listened to CD players from NAD, Linn and Marantz. Linn was by far the best. I have heard alot about the Rega Planet but have not auditioned it yet.
$4-5k you could have an awesome system (are you counting you purchases already made) I would do vandy 2ce sig, front end (d/a or good all in one) if you play records pick up a rega turntable (they are a steal for the money) , find a good pre that you like with you combo, then the mccormick amp (great combo with vandy)......some where along the line some wires but be careful with this one they can change the sound with different componets (so maybe chose wire for your end system not you current one.
hi i am a soliloquy speaker dealer -- and you owe it to yourself to check them out -- www.solspeak.com check out a dealer near you or get in touch with me