Budget phono stage- advice appreciated

I would appreciate any opinions/advice you may have. I need to add an outboard phono stage to my home office system. The system as is stands right now: Audio Refinement Complete Integrated, Magnum Dynalab tuner, Oracle Alexandria/Sumiko/Grado Platinum, NAD Reference Series CD Player, Totem Rokk speakers. I considered adding the NAD PP-1 phono stage, but my local NAD dealer tells me it's barely adequate, he recommended the Creek OBH-8. I've read mixed reviews on the Creek. I don't want to spend a lot of money on the phono stage, it's really casual listening while I work. Ideas? Thanks, Jeff
jeffloistarca
Get a used Lehmann Black Cube for around $400-$450 It will blow away all under $1000 or more.Takes up very little space also.Stereophile CLASS B......Can handle any cartridge also.Dont get the NAD or Creek! I have been through them all.The Cube is music,the rest a waste of $$
I think the NAD is outstanding. It holds up to some of the best. The design is excellent. Curt
I second the recommendation for the Lehmann Black Cube. It's worth the $695 retail, but it's REALLY worth $400-$450. It may not be perfect, but it can't be beat for the price. I haven't heard the NAD or the Creek.