Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Hi Lewinskih01
No problem, I will mail you. I am in the UK

Yes a single DEQX processor handles 6 channels/6 amps. You could add a second of course (I may one day add the latest HDP4, these things are very expensive but worth every penny)

My setup is:
Treble, 2 channels +3145hz
Mids, 2 channels 100-3145hz
Bass, 2 channels -100hz (2 separate subs, different placements)

I originally purchased the HDP3 because I could not integrate the sub (single M&K MX200 at that time) to the Obelisks without occasional audible crossover dips or humps which drove me crazy. The DEQX made the crossover seamless and I was happy for the first time. It's going to be a compromise for you: Because with only 6 channels you may need to either take the clarity and image realism using the DEQX for the main speakers and live with imperfect sub integration or maybe combine mid-bass or mid-treble on the main speakers so you achieve the cleanest bass. I would take this route personally. Whatever you do I am happy to assist as much as I can
Drewan77,
That is a great peek into why more audiophiles aren't using DEQX. Perhaps DEQX's R&D will be able to make user interfaces/optimization much less cumbersome in the near future. From my encounter with DEQX (obviously dialed in) it clearly qualifies as the big dog in the final frontier of products in the quest for glorious 2 channel.

I have a question if you could answer...

Have you found that the sonic differences of amplifiers any less apparent when going through DEQX? Considering you've used different amps.

Thanks
Not really dissenting, but just want to make the point DEQX is not the only option. I think what is to me a game changer is DSP, and the ability to room-correct plus time-align the drivers. This is my opinion and I still need to try it for myself.

DEQX is attractive in that it's a one box solution that performs very well, allows you to also correct non-computer sources, but sells for $5500 or so. So rather expensive.

BTW, the same DEQX owner who told me it replaced a $30k DAC with it and was very happy, now told me the exaSound e28 is a sonic equivalent of the DEQX HDP4. The e28 retails for $3800 or so and allows for 8 channels, but needs the DSP software on the server, and it doesn't have an analog input so taking measurements is a lot more complicated. This guy is not bypassing the passive XO on his YG speakers, so he is not doing time-alignment as far as I know.

Yet another option is a Lynx Hilo, that sells for $2300 and has six channels and analog inputs so measuring is easy, but it also needs DSP software on the server.

I basically just listed the three options I'm considering. It is not easy to abandon the beated path and ignore the shinny comments about new 2-channel DACs such as Chord Hugo and others. Decissions!!
Answering After_hrs question, the difference in the quality of music after setting DEQX into the system is so astounding that it is impossible to compare the amps

An important aspect here is that when you measure & correct the speakers (ie outdoors) and then calibrate, re measure and correct in the listening position, this is with each amp/channel as you will use in the final setup. Source components (in my case Vinyl/CD/SACD/Streamed FLAC) only play a part during final time alignment tweaks or equalisation on-the-fly whilst listening to music. This is a really good feature so you can arrive at exactly the sound you want

DEQX corrects what the mic hears and therefore the impact (or otherwise) of each amp is taken into account. The end result just sounds lifelike and 'neutral', without colouration. Equally importantly, all the bass humps and dips have audibly disappeared and the room/speaker interface has no bearing on the sound. DEQX will also enable you to take bass to unbelievable levels if you so desire and if the drivers will allow it. At the same time it remains uncoloured - hard to believe it is possible until you hear it

Another example is that I have tried 3 different types of speaker in 2 different rooms with a different power amplifier controlling the midrange and if used correctly, the end result is remarkably similar. I have changed to different brands for mid and treble in my current setup and it has no discernable bearing (and I am someone who knows that system/room intimately). That is very impressive

If there is a downside, apart from the relative complexity in learning the process correctly, it is that I now spend all my spare time in that damned music room and my already vast music collection grows weekly :)