Is DEQX a game changer?

Just read a bit and it sure sounds interesting. Does it sound like the best way to upgrade speakers?
ptss
Drewan77,

I'm utterly interested. What you did is very, very close to what I intend to do: first room-correct with my existing system in 2 channels for L/R plus 2 channels for subs, then get more amps and use 6 channels for bass/mids/treble on L & R plus the 2 subs, and eventually experiment building my speakers. But since I need 8 channels the DEQX falls a little short and since I only use a server as source then I can do DSP there.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to contact you directly to learn from your experience. My mail is like my userID here ad yahoo dot com.

Cheers!
Hi Lewinskih01
No problem, I will mail you. I am in the UK

Yes a single DEQX processor handles 6 channels/6 amps. You could add a second of course (I may one day add the latest HDP4, these things are very expensive but worth every penny)

My setup is:
Treble, 2 channels +3145hz
Mids, 2 channels 100-3145hz
Bass, 2 channels -100hz (2 separate subs, different placements)

I originally purchased the HDP3 because I could not integrate the sub (single M&K MX200 at that time) to the Obelisks without occasional audible crossover dips or humps which drove me crazy. The DEQX made the crossover seamless and I was happy for the first time. It's going to be a compromise for you: Because with only 6 channels you may need to either take the clarity and image realism using the DEQX for the main speakers and live with imperfect sub integration or maybe combine mid-bass or mid-treble on the main speakers so you achieve the cleanest bass. I would take this route personally. Whatever you do I am happy to assist as much as I can
Hi Lewinskih01
No problem, I will mail you. I am in the UK

Yes a single DEQX processor handles 6 channels/6 amps. You could add a second of course (I may one day add the latest HDP4, these things are very expensive but worth every penny)

My setup is:
Treble, 2 channels +3145hz
Mids, 2 channels 100-3145hz
Bass, 2 channels -100hz (2 separate subs, different placements)

I originally purchased the HDP3 because I could not integrate the sub (single M&K MX200 at that time) to the Obelisks without occasional audible crossover dips or humps which drove me crazy. The DEQX made the crossover seamless and I was happy for the first time. It's going to be a compromise for you: Because with only 6 channels you may need to either take the clarity and image realism using the DEQX for the main speakers and live with imperfect sub integration or maybe combine mid-bass or mid-treble on the main speakers so you achieve the cleanest bass. I would take this route personally. Whatever you do I am happy to assist as much as I can
Drewan77,
That is a great peek into why more audiophiles aren't using DEQX. Perhaps DEQX's R&D will be able to make user interfaces/optimization much less cumbersome in the near future. From my encounter with DEQX (obviously dialed in) it clearly qualifies as the big dog in the final frontier of products in the quest for glorious 2 channel.

I have a question if you could answer...

Have you found that the sonic differences of amplifiers any less apparent when going through DEQX? Considering you've used different amps.

Thanks