BEST PHONO STAGE FOR UNDER OR OVER 1GRAN

What is the best phono stage for under or just over a grand? Lehman the black cube? EAR 843-? PHONOMENA?
bemopti123fbbc
He said "just" over a grand, not several grand. If we're talking several, then the Aesthetix Io, and then the Jeff Rowland Cadence phono in second place.
Try to find a used Audible Illusions Modulus 3,it usually sells between $700-$800 in the used market.Nothing compared.
Doh! Basic Delphini is $1295. Upgrade later to highly regulated power supply. Sheesh....Geeez...
I have the EAR 834P and love it. Very musical. There is also a guy named Steve Huntley from Graet Northern Sound Co. that is doing some killer mods to the 834 that bring it past the AR PH3. For not tons of money. The 834 goes new for $895. plus the mod goes between $400-500. Thats right around your budget. I have not gotten the mod yet so I can't speak for it. Steve was fromery of Audio Research, Cal Audio Labs and Wadia. Not a bad resume. If you can find a used or demo of the EAR that would really be a great value. I found a demo for $625. Best of luck. Oh yeah in case you want to talk to Steve, he can give you the low down on most of the preamps mentioned here, his number is 651-578-0657