Your last concert was to see who and when?

Pretty simple, what and when was your last concert?
kiddman
Morning 40 Federation at One Eyed Jacks in New Orleans on 7-18-15. Great jazz, funk, rock band. They label themselves "drunk rock". Great show!
Well the jazz concert to see Carl Saunders last night was great!

Parking at San Diego City College was easy - no traffic, no lines, and no charge.

Jazz88.org/KSDS 88.3FM has their studio/broadcast facilities on campus, so their website offers free parking passes for every concert - just print them out and put it on the dash.

Got there a bit early, went to the box office to pick up our free tickets (as a jazz88 member, I get two free tickets for every concert!), then wandered about the campus.

That was a bit disappointing - everything seemed to be closed down for the evening, not even an on campus coffee shop, so we walked across the street to the McDonalds for some coffee.

Waited for the doors to open and the line was quite small, went right it in and got great seats, row 12 smack dab in the middle.

The Saville Theatre seats oh about 450? Not too big, not too small, every seat has a good view, no obstructions, good acoustics.

And Carl Saunders played a wonderful jazz trumpet concert. He came down from LA and played with some local SD talent for his backup 'band': piano, stand up acoustic bass, and simple drum kit. Head bobbin', toe tappin' jazz goodness!

Concert started exactly on time at 8pm- cuz it airs live across the radio and the internet world wide and it finished at 9:30pm. So 1 1/2hrs was perfect.

A quick walk back to the car afterwards and we were on the freeway back home within 5 mins!

Can't wait for the next concert in September!
Last night Ronnie Earl and Dianne Blue at Space in Chicago. They played for 3 straight hours Ronnie is truely amazing at 60, I cant even imagine what he must have been like in his prime. Space is a awesome place to see a show.

Also went too Steely Dan a couple weeks ago, great show another one off the bucket list. Elvis Costello opened i guess I dont get it very forgetable performance.