Need computer audio advice.

All of my digital music is on my desktop iMac, a 500GB machine. I have only 70GB free space, so I think my drive is getting full. I was thinking of getting an external drive (say 1 or 2 TB) and simply moving all my music off the desktop and on to the external drive.
Is this a good solution ? Will there be any sonic problems ? Most of my music is CDs ripped and stored in lossless formats, FLAC or WAV. Some of my files are high res files 24/96 from HD Tracks. I stream over a network to a Logitech Squeezebox touch.
It this solution has problems, what would you recommend ?
Thanks, Matt
mabonn
Ignore most of the advice above, you're using a squeezebox. so it's simple. I use a 2TB HD and also the internal drive on an imac that's running LMS. No problem at all. Simply copy everything to the external HD, go into LMS and add that folder to the library and have it scan it.
The Squeezebox is convenient but IMHO it's not the best quality I've heard on my system. I think Steve sells a reclocker that can work with the Squeezebox that will improve things significantly tho.
Doggiehowser, My Benchmark DAC1 does reclocking internally and have pretty good jitter suppression (very clean sound), but according to Steve external reclocker does even better job. I have to try one someday.
Kijanki

I owned the DAC1 Pre before. It's not as free of jitter as the literature says.

I had a Marantz CDP, a Squeezebox Duet and a Wadia iTransport hooked up to it and even with bit perfect copies on all 3, there was a difference.
Doggiehowser, I wonder if other reclockers are sensitive to sources too. DAC1 isn't by any means perfect (as I thought before) since DAC2 promises improved suppression. Perhaps I'll try to add reclocker. Output signal should look like standard S/Pdif stream hence reclocking it again in DAC1 will further improve jitter reduction. I know that many people prefer NOS DACs but I really like clarity of DAC1 and it has good synergy in my system.