Audio Magic Pulse Gen products

Has anyone tried the Audio Magic Pulse Gen products?
I have located a few reviews but not much recent activity.

I understand they emit a signal that is to reduce or eliminate RFI/EMI that is riding on the cables.

Well, I just installed the "speaker clarifiers" to my DIY speaker cables and thus far I am really impressed. I am hearing better tonal qualities. That is,voices and instruments are much more real or whole sounding. And the soundstage is way deeper, allowing the sound to identify where each instrument is located in the mix.

So, I went ahead and ordered 4 of the Pulse Gen modules that go inside of components and I will be installing them in the next few weeks.

I plan on doing a full review of these products once they are installed, but I still wonder why there has not been much talk of these products on Audiogon.
128x128ozzy
Ozzy, Possibly. Difficult to predict.

When you say it is too sharp, can you provide more details? What the pulse gen and all products resulting in better shielding against RFI gets me is first and foremost a clearing of a nasty nasal quality to the top end. This should not result in the kind of detail that gives one that excessively etched sound. In addition to this correction of timbral aberrations, the clearing and cleaning should give you a smoother and sweeter top end while at the same time resulting in more detail.

Its always possible that a piece of equipment is voiced in such a way as to become overly aggressive in the absence of normal background RFI- EMI. If the problem persists, I would recommend taking the Pulse Gen's out one at a time until you obtain the optimal sound. I do think the idea of using alligator clips is a good one, facilitating easy removal. That is what I intend to do, and that also allows me to hold the pulse gen if I sell the component.
Hi5harry, Good info above. This idea also addresses something I have been wondering about. If you wire the pulse gen to the iec from the inside, you would have to make sure it is not defeated by the power switch, otherwise, its only going to be active when the equipment is turned on.
I obviously agree on the MiniRef II. Makes you wonder what the Oracle is like, doesn't it? I bought my MiniRef used from a guy who after finding how good the mini ref was had to have an Oracle.
Hi guys,
Sorry for not chiming in again earlier Ozzy. My experiences correlate precisely with Hi5harry's pretty much on everything we experience aurally which is reassuring. I think Brownsfan is onto something guessing that something in your rig is voiced in that direction. All his products have never sounded too sharp in my experience. If anything a bit subdued initially instead. BUT I didn't add four Pulse Gens simultaneously. They do gain in image body density. I'm guessing you're hearing that by now.
I did receive and place two medium PEAs in a couple days ago. PEAs are something else! Takes five minutes to control its field. Improvements from the bottom to the top. Focus Air (with a capital A) dynamics depth harmonics all add up to increase emotional impact. "It's NOT subtle" This is behind the speakers on the bybees @ the binding posts. YMMV.
We've never compared High5harry's MiniRefII with my Oracle. They are both excellent products. Brownsfan perhaps you could inquire how the seller feels about his upgrade. I really try not to disparage anyone's products especially since we listen in different rooms with personal sonic priorities, and our systems are moving targets among themselves. Kinda amazing it works as well as it does. In the context of my experience though the Oracle has substantially improved upon a long line of power conditioner/regeneration units I've owned since the mid-eighties. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the additional postings. A liitle more information...

While I was waiting for the Pulse Gen's and another P4 HiDiamond Power cord to arrive I took out all of interconnects, power cables, etc. and re-cooked them on my Audiodharma Cable cooker.

After installing the Pulse Gens in the equipment, I re- connected all of the cables, including the recently acquired and now recently cooked HiDiamond P4 power cord. The HiDiamond P4 power cord is very thick and still will take along time to fully break in.

The first day with the Pulse Gen's connected the music sounded a little sharp , but today 2 days later, the sound is settling in nicely with a very wide soundstage.
Ozzy, good to hear things are settling in a bit. Keep us posted.

Emoonie, how much info did you get from Jerry on the PEA's? I take it the three sizes vary with respect to the size of the field. If that is correct, do you know how large of a field each size creates? I could perhaps use 4 minis plus maybe one medium to place above my Mini Ref II and between the pre amp and its power supply. Or, if the field of the medium size is big enough, I might be better served to buy two medium size PEAs to go with each of my monoblocks, and perhaps the field would extend to the crossovers on my Maggies.