Cable Elevators

Just curious if anyone is using cable elevators and what changes they brought about. I have read there are benefits to having cables raised off the carpet.
moonguy
I'd bet paychecks that anyone who thinks they can hear the difference between their cables being lifted would NOT get it right more than 50% of the time on average in a blind test.

While, I'm sure theoretically it's effective, I don't think it has a practical discernable impact.
This is insanity writ large: "... synthetic materials (such as a nylon carpet) will store energy (picking it up from the flow of current through the cable) and will then release that stored energy randomly. This random release of stored energy back into the cable will muddle the sound to some degree."

The question remains the same, even assuming, for sake of argument,this gobbledygook about storing energy is correct: what levels of energy are we talking about and how are they perceived by human hearing?

Elves, leprauchauns, angels, archangels, flying spaghetti monster are those equally as real as the skin efect and carpets gobbling up energy?

As an added simple enough question: what passes through an audio cable?
pbb, another sophomoric arguement...

How about EMI and RFI, the amount of radio siganl is minimal, why would it affect the signal inside an enclosed cable???

Just for the sake of us mere mortals who have not conducted the exhaustive studies which you have in regard to this topic, can you please let us know the cable elevators you used, the kind of flooring involved, the time frame of these experiments, and the quantitaive results you discovered.

Thank you in advance for being the great man of science you obviously are... DA!

O

o

My understanding is that the weight of the cable literally "squishes" (yes, that's a scientific term) the electrons beneath the cable, pinning them to the floor and sometimes actually buising them. Would you want to bruise your electrons, I surely wouldn't.

Nrchy,

And what accredited group of grant-awarded, scientific research-Poindexters wrapped their brains around YOUR exhaustive studies for theorem verification? Surely you retain some form of absolute scientific proof other than the typical, endless deluge of unsubstantiated/unverified opinions?