Cable Elevators

Just curious if anyone is using cable elevators and what changes they brought about. I have read there are benefits to having cables raised off the carpet.
moonguy
thank you rushton that is what i was trying to say but i was not doing a very good job of it. mine are just blocks of 2x4 just to get the cables off the floor
Wwshull, you're welcome. The wood blocks should be just the trick! This can easily be a "no cost" tweak.
Elevators have substantially increased PRaT. A 4 minute song now plays in just over 3 minutes, 14 seconds. The highs are easily 2 octaves higher. As for the lows, they are so low I can no longer hear them. I had never ever heard my music sound like this before. It's been a real ear opener! :) :)
This is called time dilation, I think. And since the frame of reference changes when you add stilts it takes a lot of math to predict the effect.
I'd bet paychecks that anyone who thinks they can hear the difference between their cables being lifted would NOT get it right more than 50% of the time on average in a blind test.

While, I'm sure theoretically it's effective, I don't think it has a practical discernable impact.