Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Thanks CFB. I'm a Texan by choice and very proud of it. It's a good thing we have a Texan in charge right now with all the problems we are facing in America...Happy listening.

Coolsound
WHO R U?? Interesting question. I used to know who I was and what I wanted life to be.Now life changes and tragedy happens to us all and it makes me confused and wounder what life is all about or supposed to be about.
I,ve traveled all over the world,I finnaly have a descent system to listen to,I live on a tropical Island and work 2-3 hours a day.I play golf 3-4 times a week and I scuba dive around the wrecks left over from WW2.
This all sounds so good but I find myself unable to be happy like I was and thought I should be after all these materialistic items.Now life goes by and is material items so important, I learned 15yrs. ago when my mother died at 42 of ovarian cancer that material items were just that, no matter what you cannot buy family. Since then I tried to keep a lid on material Items. Then last year my father was killed in front of me and life just cant get any worst.People say they care and you can talk to them, but you really cant because people dont want to here your problems and they dont like a man that they see as weak. Lets face it people man and women dont like weakness. So what does one do when there is no one you can talk to anymore. My father was my best friend and has time goes by the pain gets worst and nobody wants to here about other peoples problems or PAIN.
So has this question saids WHO R U I dont KNOW
I find great peaceful refuge in Jesus. The GOD sent him to fill that big hole in you heart. The same GOD that gave you the ability to enjoy music. God gave man the great gift of free will so crazy things happen in life. But GOD wants to know you personally and fill that hole. I am in constant pain and suffer every hour of every day. So you can't buy family or relief. But there is still hope of joy and peace in your life. I just thought that since someone is crying out that emptiness hurts, I would let them know that pain is universal. And that there is nothing more satifying than GODliness with contentment. Find that peace. It is even free.
For GOD so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever would believe in him would not perish(spiritually) but would have everlasting life. And this is promised for now. Not later. Oh yea. I dig audio too! But I have to work everyday. Dale
evo845: your post here is poignant and very sad. first, permit me to say that you are wrong about people abhorring folks in so much pain they can't function normally. you have every right to feel pain, and grief, and anger, and anything else that comes to you. i was confused and depressed, too, when my mom was dying of cancer and my law firm was simultaneously imploding. it was hard to find joy in my kids, my wife, or even my ceaselessly cheerful dogs. my only pleasure was sleep, and that came fitfully, if at all. no one can possibly understand the horror you surely went through witnessing your father's death. nor the overwhelming feeling of unfairness at your mother's dying so young. it took me two years of intensive psychotherapy and the ingestion of several psychotropic drugs to come slowly out of my clinically depressed state. but these therapies worked for me. it took several years for me to admit my condition to friends, let alone strangers. i can now, because that is part of who i am. you've already done a very brave thing in posting your feelings about yourself, even anonymously. i urge you to share your feelings with others who can help you, if you haven't done so already. you are not alone. too many, in fact, feel as desperate as you. i will be happy to communicate with you privately, if you care to. best wishes, evo. -kelly
Evo- Sorry to hear your troubles; hope that music and this hobby give you some pleasure. Anyways, we are happy to have you aboard and anxious to learn from you and offer any advice, help, whatever we can.