Should I upgrade power cord for my preamp?

Hello all,

A while back, I upgraded the power cord for my amp. That makes sense to me. However, should I also upgrade the power cord for my preamp. Based on my limited understanding of how preamps work, it does not seem like it would make a sonic improvement.

Suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
elegal
My Pass preamp is the only component I do not use an upgraded power cord on. Amp and preamp plugged directly into wall. Upgrade power cords on everything else.
I was a skeptic until I tried a PS Audio Premiere Power Plant. It made a huge improvement, so I decided to replace all my power cords with PS Audio cables. I used AC-10s for my amps and the PPP, AC-5s for everything else. It made more improvement than any interconnects, and I had dedicated 20 amp lines to start. They did take a while to break in, but both my wife and I heard a sudden step-up one evening. I wrote the company and asked if they ever got mail like that, and we were not the first to experience it. The Cable Company will let you borrow cords, and I expect you will hear clear differences, too.
Hi Elegal

What is the model/make of your preamp? Also what do you find wrong with the sound in your system that is prompting this desire to change? What is the current power cord that you have with your preamp?

For my preamps I like to use 14AWG power cords but that is just me. The power cords that I use on my current preamps are Shunyata Venom 3S power cords. The reason I went for these was the price and I didn't like the stock power cord that came with the preamp. Cruddy connectors and it was 18AWG power cord.
@ Lowrider57, Hi, May I ask you why you believe that a heavy gauge power cable can have a negative effect on a pre-amp or digital componet with volume control?, In some ways you may be correct, I cannot explain this, I have a 8 gauge Tara Labs Cobalt power cord on my cd-player, It's like wow!, this power cord competly compliments the Tara Labs Zero Gold interconnect in every way, It's like they were made for each other, I tried multiple power cords, and the cobalt is a game changer in my particular system, LOL!, I was really skeptical about power cords in general, in the past, all the ones I tried sounded hi-fi and mechanical, always went back to stock power cords, for the first time ever!, I cannot imagine taking this cobalt power cord out the system, I tried, It is a huge difference in every concieveable way, very natural sounding, and very, very spooky real sounding, cheers.