Hidiamond vs Hifidelity interconnects

Anyone have direct experience comparing the 2 brands?
leicachamp
Siddh, I never meant that the HD cables are poor when it comes to base, just that many others are and used that as a comparison.

As far as "gain" I am perplexed. I never had a problem with gain at all. You should contact Rick and HFC and talk to him about it. He is very willing to help in anyway he can.

The one thing I have noticed about the HFC Cables is that they lower the noise floor by a huge amount and allows me to turn the volume up to levels I could never do before. Before at those levels there was too much noise along with the music.

Mind you this is with Amps and a DAC that are some of the most noise free around.

Give Rick a call.
To all; Most of us know that when you disconnect and reconnect a cable that it needs sometime to "settle" and come back into its own before sounding its best again.
Some need very little time and others much more.

Well the HFC needs way more time then most might realize. The HFC, once disturbed, needs additional time for the Magnetic Conduction to reach the same level as it had before, once it has been disconnected.
Prior to replacing the HD 8 speaker cables with the HF Enhanced Rick forewarned me that due to the reduction in distortion I would need to increase the volume. Unexpectedly, depending on the recording, I occasionally turn up the volume pot a full 4-5 notches. This is a setting I have never pushed my amp to. Undoubtedly, I really enjoy playing loud. I agree with the repeated assessment of the full loom being deeply resolving.
What do you think, though...if I lay the HF back in after 4 days of removal, do I begin from the start?
Siddh. You do your self a disservice by changing your cables back and forth. You only have about 60 hours on the HFC so after 4 days of removal you have not lost all but I would say a good amount because it was only 60 hours. If it had a couple of hundred then no, it would only need several hours to a day or so for the Magnetic Conduction to be back. Place the HFC in and leave it untouched for over a hundred hours, double if you can. At least then you start to get a feel for that sound of the HFC. Also after the HFC has been connected and then you replace it with the HD, the HD will benefit from the Magnetic Conduction of the HFC for a while. More right away and then it will diminish over a short period of time (hours not minutes).

This just my understanding and experience.
"As far as "gain" I am perplexed. I never had a problem with gain at all. You should contact Rick and HFC and talk to him about it. He is very willing to help in anyway he can.

The one thing I have noticed about the HFC Cables is that they lower the noise floor by a huge amount and allows me to turn the volume up to levels I could never do before. Before at those levels there was too much noise along with the music."

Al, this is EXACTLY my experience.

"Also after the HFC has been connected and then you replace it with the HD, the HD will benefit from the Magnetic Conduction of the HFC for a while. More right away and then it will diminish over a short period of time (hours not minutes).

This just my understanding and experience."

Al, this is ALSO my experience, swapping "other" cables, besides HD.

Magnetism plays a very mysterious role in electronics.