bi-wire vs jumpers

I'm sure the question has been asked before, but could not find it.
by bi-wire I mean a single wire terminated by four connectors at the speakers end.
if you had to choose, regardless of cost, which would you prefer, or which do you think would be more optimal in terms of signals reaching the speaker.

I was considering ordering the Crystal Cable's speaker cable bi-wire splitter instead of using jumpers.

what are your thoughts on this?
youngatheart
Henrly - functionally, it doesn't. I thought that was the point of Roscoe's post. Or at least, that's how I read it.
Add my vote to the "it depends" camp. You just have to try it and hear if it sounds better. To eliminate the cable variable, you can try the bi-wire cables in both single and bi-wire configuration. (For single, connect both leads at the speaker end to one set of posts and use your jumpers.)

If you want to get really finicky, you could run a three-way test: single-wired with supplied jumpers, single-wired with aftermarket jumpers, bi-wired. Not to mention testing to see if your old speaker cables are better or worse than your new bi-wired cables. Hours of fun to be had, if you're really dedicated.

I got better results bi-wiring with one pair of speakers, but better results single-wiring with another.
I am still not sure I understand the point of Roscoe's post. Is cable considered better than a jumper?
I've been giving this some thought also. I wonder if it matters if they are going through the same crossover anyways. Also, if you do bi-wire, do you want half the power going to your tweeter when it uses so little power? Wouldn't you in theory be robbing your midbass drivver (in a two way speaker) of power that it could actually use in order to give it to your tweeter that doesn't need as much power? Also, isn't a fat gold plated jumper bar (?) that is supplied with your speaker, and is only one inch long with all kinds of surface area, going to be as good if not better than any speaker cable manufacturers jumper cables?
All very good questions B_limo, and you will get many varied responses I think. From my personal experience, I always felt that running a single run of the best cable I could afford was a better way to go than to split my cable budget in half to bi-wire.

That being said, I am currently bi-wiring again right now, mostly because my current speaker manufacturer recommends bi-wiring. To be honest, I can't really say that it is an improvement. To be fair, I haven't directly compared my bi-wire run of speaker cable to the same manufacturer/model single wire run. So while I have heard differences with the newer cables, my guess is that is more due to the different cable materials and design than it is to the bi-wiring methodology. The differences I have heard have been split into positive and negative differences.