Speaker cables or interconnects??

Speakers: Spendor A6
Amp: Musical Fidelity M6i integrated
CD: Cambridge Audio azur C350
Turntable: Pro-ject Xpressions III
Cables: Audioquest Evergreen interconnects, Monster XP speaker wire

The Monster Cable sounds pretty good but highs are a little bright and mids slightly forward. I've tried DH Labs T14 and Blue Jean Cable and the DH sounded a little bright and "thin". The Blue Jeans Cable highs were smooth but the mids were a bit recessed.

Here's my question ......would I be better off keeping the interconnects consistent and trying to adjust via speaker cable? That's my current thinking. Any suggestions on a step up speaker cable that is just plain flat. Any guidance on the Cardas "Neutral" speaker cables. Any other recommendations, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
mmt
I'd put the Acoustic Zen Satori on your list. Detailed but natural-sounding highs with expressive and full mids. Bass is also full but not the tightest I've heard (not bad though), but that will likely be somewhat system dependent. Haven't heard the others mentioned (except the DH Labs and I agree with your assessment).

If I were you I'd try to upgrade the interconnects and speaker cables at the same time to try to optimize the synergy effect, but I realize that's not always possible from a budget perspective. Best of luck.
I'm also an AQ fan...for many years. I currently have an all solid core wire festival in my system and love the Type 8 speaker wire I bought to replace some Type 4 (no reason...just compulsive wire curiosity). To the uninitiated, all of it from the VDM 5 digital, King Cobra and Diamondback (XLR...VERY well made) ICs to the Type 8 looks like I'm using bungee cords to hold the gear down. Most of it bought on A'gon or Ebay for a fraction of whatever new wire costs. I suppose there's a synergy among the copper molecules or something, but AQ has always provided a satisfying high standard that often gets overlooked in the extremely crowded wire market.
The Material of the contact area has a huge influence of information transfer (AES Standard). Normally the RCA connectors in your units are hardly more than 6.95$ per pair (Silver ones for example are 100$ and you can hear the difference at once...). Have my doubts, that an expensive cable will make much sense. It will change something of course, but you can roll the dice with your next unit again...
Very happy with Mapleshade speaker cables, never tried the IC's. Highly recommend the lower priced Transparent cables; speaker, IC, power cords.
I've used XP wire in budget systems but would upgrade asap considering the associated equipment you're enjoying. If you're thinking of an upgrade but within a spartan budget, I'd try Kimber Kable PR or entry level QED. (HiFi Cables from the UK for the Qed.) I'm very pleased w/both the cables I've mentioned especially for the low cost.