5AR4/GZ34 Rectifier Tubes

Is anyone currently making a tube of this type that rivals the performance of the best NOS Mullard tubes? I'm surprised that Sophia, Psvane and others appear not to have offered this tube. Suggestions?
dodgealum
Good to see that the Create 5AR4's are being discovered. I really like mine but their 6SN7 are not on the same level.
BTW, I decided to purchase the Create/Synergy 5AR4 after corresponding with Srajan Ebean from 6 Moons who has used them in the Modwright LS100 and found them to sound less romantic and more neutral, detailed and dynamic than the Mullards. Since my system leans slightly to the warm side I figured I'd give it a try. I'll see whether his experience bears out in my system.
Mark,
Please keep us posted. The reason you stated above,

"found them to sound less romantic and more neutral, detailed and dynamic than the Mullards".

is why I haven't tried one yet. I really like the warmer more romantic sound of the Mullard. I'm a little afraid of losing that with the Create. Anxious to hear your take on it.
Mofimadness, The create tubes are reasonably priced compared to what I paid for my vintage Mullard. It is not an expensive experiment to try one out. Even if you don't like it as well as the Mullard, its probably worth having as a very good back up to have for when the Mullard gets weak.

I held on to my vintage Mullard because its not unlikely that at some point down the road, I'll find it has better synergy with my system than the Create, though I prefer the Create in my current set up. Also, the time draws near when the vintage mullards will be impossible to find, so I feel pretty good about having a good strong mullard sitting on the shelf.

The Create has its virtues. Very dynamic and a very low noise floor. Jet black background. Detailed, but not bright. It does not have that lushious, romantic, tubey sound, but surprisingly, I don't really miss that so much as you might expect. I encourage you to run the experiment and see for yourself.

Brownsfan,

Thanks for the comments. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it. You're right, the Create tube isn't that much money compared to others.

I bought a lifetime supply of the Mullard 5AR4 tubes when I first got my preamp, (actually before I even got the unit), so I am set for awhile with them.

I'll wait to hear what Mark has to say about the Create, then maybe try one.