"ANTI-CABLE" SPEAKER CABLE vs Audio Arts SC5?

The above companies offer inexpensive speaker cables, especially Paul Speltz's compamy ANTI-CABLE, Has anyone tried one or both of these speaker cables??? I am always suspicious of claims of outperforming speaker cables costing 5 to 10 times more.

I just sold Acoustic Zen Hologram 2 speaker cable because it is too awkward, and easy to trip over. Need some feedback about the above inexpensive cables. Thank you
sunnyjim
Sunnyjim-My dour language, stemming from a serious personal family situation, I'm sure, has left an obviously negative impression of Morrow Cables. (Perhaps I shouldn't even be out on the forums, but this hobby is a great release, anyway, so I'm using it to it's potential.) My explanation is lacking, however; my apologies. So...
Mike offers either a two-day or a week-long break-in service for his cables, for a fee. He is up-front about the long settling the cables require and provides ample consumer evidence supporting this fact. I opted for the shorter break-in service, and while the wires sounded good right out of the box, there were a few troubling moments as the cables continued their break-in and integration into my system. As it stands now, however, the cables have mostly opened up, and the sound coming through them is terrific, some days quite dizzying, and seem to only be getting better...
I agree with you on the fickle nature of upgraded sonic performance: up the ladder we go, hoping to eek out a little more quality in sound, only to be met with high maintenance components, ever more difficult esoteria, and, of course, larger sums of money spent with increasing amounts of self-delusion. But we endure a certain amount of nonsense, because at the beginning, only wanting for decent sound, most of us came to the realisation that one didn't just head to the corner appliance store to pick up a rig--bang, instant good sound.
I was using a set of DIY cables that ran about $40 before my recent upgrades, and the sound was nothing to scoff at. However, I knew that the right upgrades would only help my system. Swapped out a few different sets of cable, including AudioArts, although not the 5's (like most of these companies, I understand that moving up the product line is worthwhile). I wanted to like the AA's, especially as Rob is a wonderful individual with whom I enjoyed a great conversation, but they refused to integrate into my rig. I therefore figured that I was either stuck with the DIY cables or had to save my pennies for esoteric and expensive audio jewelry.
Then Mike helped me out with the SP4's during one of his sales. I had read much about his wire and, upon the recommendations of many Audiogon members, skipped right to the 4's. Indeed, there has been a little suffering (should have got the full break-in, though I'm a cheapskate), but the result is wonderful. The music shines, as it should. Even after some difficulty (which is small, in the scheme of things), I highly recommend them.
Twisting your own cables might be something to also consider (as I see that you are, like the rest of us, searching, searching). I just got two rolls of differently-gauged magnet wire, 19 and 21, for speaker cables for my wife's MiniWatt. I don't really need another project, but I'm still a bit excited about it. I'll let you know if I blow anything up...
(Nonoise--Are you jacking the Mapleshade's into the HF and the ClearDay's into the LF for your bi-wire set-up, or are you using the ClearDay's for the returns? Interested...)
Hope this clarifies things a bit. Thanks for the listen. Best,
I recently moved from the anti-cables to Morrow SP-1, two pairs to bi-wire my VR4JRs. I also tried the Kimber Kable 8PR in bulk and bare wire terminations. Funny thing is that the 8PR required no break-in of any kind. They were good at the moment I installed them. I must say however that the SP-1s were even better on the mid-range/tweeter module, so I kept that pair and returned the other. The 8PRs were better on the bass module- more full bass but still tight and responsive. The 8PR is $6/foot. You have to strip a lot of wire, but it doesn't take long. It is now my preferred speaker wire over the anti-cable for a great value. Kimber is certainly on to something with this speaker wire. In fairness, the cost of termination should be considered in comparison to anti-cables and Morrow. The 8PR can be bought terminated for $122 for a 5 foot pair terminated with standard spades (CableCo).
Remember that all cables sound different depending on to what they are attached. I maintain there is no BEST cable...just the one that sounds best to the listener in his/her own system.
I just found out today that Kimber Cable has a less advertized line. For example, their new top of the line (before the expensive Monocle wire), the 12tc, know as 12tcVS is almost half as expensive as the regular 12tc, it is supposed to be warmer, less analytical, and more musical than standard 12tc. I believe I was given a price of $388.00 for a 12ft pair, which includes any combo of spades and bananas. So, a standard 8ft pair is approx $250-279. Check with a Kimber Kable dealer, and try to get 10% discount....lots of luck. I am unfamiliar with KK's 8PR
I have Anti Cables and IC's throughout my system. The speaker cables blew the AQ Rockefeller that I had out of the water. And last night I added the Anti IC's and my system has never sounded better... There may be better cable out there, but for this price? No way in hell that anything beats this even at 4x the cost...