Longest Advisable Speaker Cable Runs?

I've always heard 8-10' is ideal.
I'd like to move my gear rack to the side of my listening room-I've seen this done in the Virtual Systems section with what must have been some pretty long runs of Speaker Cable. I would probably need 30 feet to the furthest speaker.
My amp is low watt-around 10 per channel SO that could effect cable run length?
Any help is appreciated.
128x128dpgdave
Thanks guys for the replies. I've heard the baby packs a good punch-it's a tube amp and mine is class AB solid. The amp is an Altmann BYOB and speakers are modified Klipschorns with Volti Horns and Beyma drivers. Being Khorns, the far speaker is way off in the opposite corner-about 30 ft from the desired amp position.

Speaker impedance is 8 ohm
frequency is 400hz to 6khz
The type of cable is undecided - any recommendations for long runs? I've had NacA5 but that's the only cable I know of meant to be used for long runs. No idea of critical damping.

The Altmann BYOB is a pretty esoteric peice so I couldn't find much of the info you listed Almarg. I'm not sure of the impedance but it's powered by car battery so there's a lot of power in reserve. Not sure of bandwidth or feedback.
I hope that helps and I appreciate your effort here.
Dave
Hello. I manufacture cables and 30 ft. is not to long. It's dependent on the type cable used.
I'm not promoting my cables by any means. Just making reference that 30 ft. can be done.
I've made 75 ft bi-wires for a costomer that was very happy with the results.
Do your home work and find the right cable and you can do 30 ft. with no problem.
Hope this helps.
I would probably just recommend making sure you shielded cables with lower capacitance. With more details, you'll certainly get more specific recommendations, but in general, 30 feet isn't really a problem; it just means you'll have to be pickier about the cables you choose.
Look into Supra and OCOS cables. I have used both for runs of 18 ft. with no issues. The Supra can be purchased through
Sjofn-HiFi (get the shielded set). The cost and return policy make trying these very low risk. Not sure who is selling OCOS these days but they are considerably more expensive, unless you can track down a used set, and I don't know if any OSOS dealers offer a return policy.