Nordost Valhalla Power Cords

.....a question directed to the owners as well as the past owners of these power cords. We do not need to get in - what will it be going on, what are the room dimensions, what music do you listen to etc, etc, etc. Just your thoughts on these power cords...as I have mine and just want to see / hear what you think.
garebear
I always had many discussions with the people of Nordost. I was the 2nd person who bought the Valhalla loudspeakercable in Holland. There was a time I sold Valhalla powercables as candy bars. It was a great time. But I am aware of the flaws. In real a violin sounds so much warmer than what you hear with Valhalla. Even with the most warm sounding components this was still the same problem. But there is one part most people have not enough knowledge in. And that is individual focus. Voices and instruments are very small in dimension and exactley to point out were they come from. With Valhalla this never comes to the highest level what I heard. This is a key factor in realism for music. Wenn you have a system which can give a 3d holographic image you always loose depth also with Valhalla. I have done these tests many times with Valhalla. The same cd's had more depth wenn we changed an interconnect instat of the Valhalla interconnect. I am only talking about facts. Because this is how I work and think. I always say: it is as it is...period!!
@ Bo1972

I respect your opinion but I'm in totally disagreement about what you said. It's not important to mention by speaker system but I can assure that It's a fantastic and very expensive system and superior to any speaker I've heard (a lot, even over 200 Keuro loudspeaker system). Sorry but here we're talking about ultra hi-end components and I saw that you mentioned respected products that I know very well but very far from top hi-end and the sound neutrality estimated by experienced audiophiles around the globe that know really the music due to so much colored in sound and not playing music in the correct manner. A friend of mine after listening Burmester for the very first time he replaced his Pass mono Xa160.5 with german gear; another friend after listening in his system the power amp Burmester 956 Mk2 he changed his Pass X350.5. I've other examples, but It'n not important to make additional and same hystory. Everyone can listen the music in the way that coul prefer even if not in correct manner. In my experience many audiophiles gurus who write in blogs that I know very well that they can not distinguish the sound of a a Cello with the one of a Contrabass, but they evaluate hi-end components; which kind of sound evalutation you may expect from such gurus? What I can assure that in Europe and expecially around the World product like Nordost and Burmester are rightly considered Ultra Hi-End and one of the absolute best. It's definetively clear that we've completely opposite ways of understanding music and so It's confirmed by my 25 years of music played live in the best music halls around the world. The experience is knowledge and the rest is just information only.
Enjoy your review (as well as information only)!
Burmester has not a lot of dealers outher Germany and Austria. Wenn it would be a great product it would be a lot more popular. I do not say it is bad, but it is not stunning. At shows we heard many tiems to it. We never had the feeling of woooooooo. After shows we always ask clients what they liked at shows. We never heard the word Burmester. I will give you another example. A few years ago I had a client with a brand new set of Burmester poweramp, preamp and cd player. I took my Valhalla loudspeakercable and 2 Valhalla powercables with me. Wenn I connected it the overwhole sound was a lot better than what he had. But mannnnnn if this is what it is I would stop with my hobby. I would suggest him to look for a new hobby. The image was almost flat. The focus was okay but not the extreme sharp individual focus you expect and want in highend. The overwhole sound was okay but missing the emotion you would want. At the end he bought some Powercables. If you spend a lot of money on audio and you do not have a wide ande deep stage. And have not an extrem sharp individual focus. ( with a realistic proportion of instruments and voices) And a emotional sound were you want to listen for hours and hours. You miss essential parts in sound realism. For me is is this easy. Period!! Many clients with Nordost said to me: I miss the emotion in my system. And yessssss they were right. SO I had to solve this many times. All the tests we did we encouterd this problem. For me it is simple as 1 and 1 is 2. I sold a lot of Nordost, but you need to use it very precise. In everything I do in my life I look 3-4 steps further than a normal person would do. My goal is always looking for the best. I want my clients to get the best results for the money they spend. Because good is never good enough!!
Hi every one, I enjoy every thing that has been said here,and respect it,we do all hear different,I can tell you I own state of the art cables!at least to me. all the products mentioned are good,depends on what one likes,,, I believe the Tara Labs Cobalt a/c power cord is far superior than the nordost vahalla in every way possible,formost focus!against the odin cable,the odin is a tad faster,tad more detail on the treble only,,the tara sounds more real over all on my particular system,and has enough incredible speed to boot,and the treble is not analitical!,my opinion, the treble is beautiful!,I am not talking about the Tara the one xl cobalt,the newest version called the cobalt,there is a sound difference between the two cables,the xl one cobalt is discontinued replaced by the better sounding cobalt,, and i,m sorry that I agree with Jmcgrogan2 and Bo1972!,Thanks Bo1972 for answering a couple of my questions I had for you,,I look foward to your review you are gonna do on your purist a/c cable,I also am glad that this forum is alive and well,thou I did not start it,I like it!,,I am not bashing eanything here,again they are all great products!
@ Bo1972

I think it's definitely clear that you do not know what you're talking about (both of Burmester and Nordost and many other things you've written), but I see that you enjoy listening situations bring unreliable. Another thing clear is that you're (or have been) an hi-end dealer that likes so much of your well known colleagues that trying to sell / push own brands and tell to their customers that the other brands not present overthere are to be considered inferior or even garbage. In my opinion this approach is not the right result of pure passion but only commercial way. As I wrote earlier, my approach and my experience on high-end components is too important on a level objectively superior to yours and this is the reason why I do not find anything correct about that you are reporting. The personal journey of searching for a sound with correct timbre and a perfect balance and through the hi-end components/accessories commenced 25 years ago and in all of these years have been circulating in my music room many components of any kind and price. The music does not have to be spectacular, but it must be a right mix of proper timbre (highest degree of neutrality, free of grain and with a complete absence of fatique) and perfect balance between all the frequencies and a perfect dimensions and geometric proportions of the instruments and instrumentalists. Burmester and Nordost grant to me such sound quality result. Live music with acoustic instruments and sounds so to know these things take experience based mainly on knowledge and not hearsay or write unrealiable things around in various blogs when most of audiophiles/leaders are not able to simply distinguish the sound of a cello from a double bass. If you like a sound colored and knowing very well the brands you listen from my side, I've to assume that you have a very little knowledge of live music. I conclude by saying that the music is art and hi-end is a pure passion, both concepts are very far from commercial factors. I'm going to leave you with your phantom reviews and I'm sorry in advance but I'm not interested in reading them.