Nordost Valhalla Power Cords

.....a question directed to the owners as well as the past owners of these power cords. We do not need to get in - what will it be going on, what are the room dimensions, what music do you listen to etc, etc, etc. Just your thoughts on these power cords...as I have mine and just want to see / hear what you think.
garebear
I owned them and I sold many of them. For source and pre-amp they can take your set to a higher level. But for amps there are many better options. Purist Audio for example is for poweramps superior. You hear it in the low freq. it goed dieper and you hear more layers. In the mid freq it is opener and better focused. Depth is also better than Valhalla. Wenn I used 100% Valhalla you will always loose depth and individual focus. I have done these tests over and over again. For me it is as simple as 1 and 1 is 2
My experience has been the same as Bo's. Valhalla has great resolution and top end. But you might find more weight, depth with other cables. In my experience they worked very well on my preamps, but I felt that the thinned out my digital front end too much, some more than others. Odin might be the ticket, but I have never tried them.
Odin has more authority. But the same problem in weight and depth. But it also misses an extreemly sharp imaging. Acoustic sound is very direct and small in dimension. Sound lacks emotion. I still think Nordost is useful for a part. Only using Nordost is never a Walhalla. Because there are always important parts missing what should be there for a perfect ballanced sound. Nordost people always became irritated when I said this. They said: it is your personal preference. But all the people with who I did the tests had the same conclusions. It is as it is. Some people have problems to face the truth!
I have one Brahma left to replace and can't wait. Purchased a Valhalla interconnect last week for very good price and is being reterminated to RCA. That will completed the interconnect upgrade. Still running Valkyrie speaker cable which will be the last piece to the Valhalla puzzle. It has taken a long time and have purchased most as used or demo. The improvement as I have added piece by piece has been something. I have not had the pleasure of hearing an Odin demo but heard it is amazing and know of a fellow who went from Valhalla power to and Odin. Well beyond my league unfortuately-it was a big enough decision to accept the valhalla path
Nordost Valhalla Power Cords
.....a question directed to the owners as well as the past owners of these power cords. Just your thoughts on these power cords...as I have mine and just want to see / hear what you think.
Garebear

Alright Gary, I'm still waiting for your thoughts.

As for mine, as someone who is just leaving the Nordost cable camp for the second time, I'd like to say that I've learned my lesson and I won't be back, but that would probably be a lie. Actually, I can't say that I'm totally sans Nordost, because I'm still using a pair of Heimdall interconnects between preamp and amp. They do have their place, Nordost cables add speed and resolution to any system.

However, I have found, that when I went all Nordost, power cords, interconnects and speaker cables, that my system started to sound too clinical, not organic enough for my tastes. It doesn't seem to matter whether I was using the Valhalla line like in the good old days when money was more easy to come by, or my current attempt with Heimdall and Brahma, I've come to the same conclusion. Now I'm sure that I could probably find some equipment and speakers that are warm enough where this would not be the case. I've played with enough gear to know that pretty much anything can be made to sound good with the right cables, and any cables can sound good if mated with the right gear.

Currently my system is sounding pretty good, though I am still looking for the right speaker cables. I've tried several different brands, but have not found a winner yet. I did put the Nordost Heimdall speaker cables back in again yesterday, and I know that they are NOT the answer, just as the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal 8 I'm listening to now is not the answer. However, by replacing the Brahma with Elrod and Purist Audio power cords, I am much closer to what I want my rig to sound like than before. Granted, I still have the Heimdall interconnect from pre to amp, my source ic's are Jade Vermeil and PAD Venustas.

Overall my experiences in a nutshell:
Some Nordost in my system = very good
All Nordost in my system = not so good