Your jaw dropping cables

Hi

Did you have any jaw dropping experience with any type of cable? Please refer to the cable and its predecessor (and I'm not referring just to VFM - also expensive ones count).
Thanks
icorem
I recently purchased a set of Placette Audio speaker cables and IC's and it has transformed my stereo. My jaw drops every time I listen to it. These cables are highly transparent and totally get out of the way so that my components (Modwright tube Oppo 83, Placette Active preamp, Pass Labs XA30.5 and Tyler Acoustics Linbrook system speakers) can shine to their full potential. Here's what I've tried before: PNF Audio, DHS Labs, Signal cable, MAC, MIT, Anti-cables.
The "right" cables really depends on the specific system (components, roon acoustics, etc) and particular taste of the listener. I have rarely experienced cables that seem to work well in most systems. The more extreme the capability of the cable in certain aspects of performance (e.g., "fast and detailed"), the worst that cable seems to be in a system where those qualities do not need to be boosted.

The closest thing I've heard to as a univerally "great" cable system (I heard it sound great in three completely different systems) involved NBS Black Label interconnects and speaker cables. Too bad these are extremely expensive.

I suppose another surprising experience involved speaker cables made by the turntable manufacturer Basis. I heard those swapped for XLO Limited cables in a friend's system. Inexplicably, the system sounded considerably louder and more dynamic (not subtle) with the Basis cables. In my system I also heard an increase in volume over the NBS cables I use, though in other respects the sound was not an improvement, in my opinion. Still, I am amazed at the subjective loudness increase given that all cables have extremely low resistance.
They are ALL just wires with minor variations in performance compared to MIT. The newest Matrix HD series is stunningly musical with extreme low level detail and tonality beyond reproach. Most of all it presents the music as a living breathing organic creation with all the dimensions and dynamics intact. You will feel like a kid again, listening to your first, best high end stereo:O) I have the HD 60 biwires and the HD23 IC's plus AC2 PC's.