Power Cords--Your Preference?

spending a lot of time auditioning power cords---this is what I currently know---I seem to prefer the Kimber Palladian PK 10 to just about anything else I've heard---my Cardas Golden Reference was not even in the running.

Would be interested to hear your feedback about your favorite power cables----also, yet to find anything for CD player that improves the sound--even Palladian seemed a bit too much for CD and better suited to my PRE or Power Amp--- all CJ equipment. Thoughts?
bluesnbike1954
I just got my MAC Burly after anxiously waiting weeks since my order. It was well worth the wait! I have used the Source, HC, and Paradise PCs in my system as it has evolved, and I always wanted to try the MAC. Since they recently became sold at a discount I decided to give it a go just because I had been eyeing it in the past even though I have since bought more regarded and expensive cables. I figured if it didn't sound so great in my power amp I would use it as a subwoofer PC because the one thing I have consistently read about this PC is the great bass authority.

Well, even after just a few hours of burn in I think it is beating both my JPS Power AC+ and Audience powerChord! The clarity, air, and control is very impressive. It is more refined than the JPS and less soft than the powerChord. DEFINITELY not rolled off highs here. In fact the initial sound was very unbalanced and forward on top with upper midrange/lower treble very suppressed and congested, especially deeper into the soundstage. Cymbals and snare drums were much too prominent, but as things have opened up the sound has balanced out a great deal. I am only at about 20 to 30 hours now but I can see where this is going and it is looking good! In my experience with MAC PCs they take a long time to burn in and change significantly dramatically during that period so it'll be interesting to see how it settles. I am waiting to get my powerChord back from Audience after the "e" upgrade and will have a showdown. My feeling is that the JPS will be relegated to subwoofer duties.

One thing I was taken aback by is the sheer size and weight of this thing. The six foot cord weighs six pounds and is like kielbasa thick! Just looking at you think, "This thing must produce some serious bass slam."

My system:

VTL ST-150 KT88 tube amp
Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M speakers
REL B2 sub
Placette Passive Linestage
Bel Canto DAC 2.5
Squeezebox touch
JPS Labs Superconductor 2 RCAs (pre -> amp)
Audience AU24(e) RCAs (out getting "e" treatment, DAC -> pre)
JPS Labs Superconductor FX (interim while AU24 is out)
Audience AU24e speaker cables
In my system I have a Wegrzyn 8 gauge power cord on my preamp and the Lessloss dfpc Signature on my amp. They both do a real nice job. I have had the best luck with the JPS Labs Digital ac-x on my DAC. All of these have been solid performers.
I have several Triode wire labs. They are a hugh bang for buck and beat out far more expensive cords. My all time jaw dropping/must own cord is Sablon Audio's Gran Corona.
I wonder what percentage of all power cords available the most experienced user has heard. Perhaps 5%. Many that are mentioned on the forums, I have never heard of. It is probably worse than speakers, where again there are thousands of brands. At least in the case of speakers, one can make a quick evaluation. At shows you can just walk into the room, hear a few notes, and exit. Power cords require a much more involving process.