Audioquest colorado sound to bright

I huse AQ colorado on my systeme and i want replace it because its to bright. considering this carateristic, i would like to know if the cardas golden reference would be a good upgrade? or maybe the golden cross would be better?
128x128thenis
I just returned a demo set of Colorado to the dealer. I have my whole system wired with Cardas Golden Reference.
I tried them(Colorado)between the LP12/Linto and also between my Ayre C5xe-mp and my ARC LS26. On the TT they sounded very close in timbre and some passages were maybe even a little more analytical than the cardas. I noticed the biggest difference on the CDP and that is where I decided to take them back. They were in my opinion muting or dull by comparison to the cardas. I did a similar thread about a month ago here before I tried them, you wish to search for that one and see the responses I received. But in conclusion I will keep the Cardas GR's, howevere I wouldn't mind trying the Niagra or Blue Sky. And to address your question more directly, I have never felt the Cardas to be bright, they will bring out the upper range in detail, but in a natural timbre.
Hmmmm. I bought a pair of Colorado's to slightly tame the high end of my CDP. Compared to the Kimber Select they replaced they did as I had hoped. This is the first time I've heard the Colorado's described as "bright".
I have to agree with Hifiman.
Goes to show how system dependent cables are.
I love mine (72v), and pretty much got of the IC train after buying the Colorados.