speaker cables for Wilson Sophia

Other than transparent and MIT cables for Wilson Speakers, what other cables are you guys using w/ your Wilsons ?
Is it also determined by the amplifier being used ?

Thanks for the inputs.
nolitan
I don't have a Spectral amp, but apparently blew out my McCormak DNA-1 with some Goertz cables. The amp is currently in for repairs, unfortunately. So, I would advise caution.
Yes boys and girls, never use a "standard bandwidth" speaker cable with an "ultrahigh bandwidth" amplifier. Always have your "articulation poles" set to the maximum possible and "impedance switches" matched!!

Take a step back and listen to this garbage.... Then admit that we've all been had.......

Nothing I read on almargs(thank you for bringing technical information) documents aludes to the possibility of damage to an amp if not using brand specific cables. Sounds to me like spectral and MIT created a cable together with merits, real or perceived, mutually beneficial. If you want to argue that you like the sound of MIT more than xyz, fine. To threaten damage to users without backing up your claims with science is just as poor advice as me telling you to use MY favorite cable with an amp and speaker I have never heard.

Enjoy your sophias!
Unreal. Ok, lets start here...I'm not a scientist therefore do not present science to "back up" my posts nor do I feel it necessary. The requirement of using MIT cables with Spectral amplifiers comes from the designer/manufacturer, Prof Kieth Johnson, who happens to be not only one of the absolute brightest minds in the industry over the past few decades but also one of the most respected. Your challenge of his integrity strikes me as pretty odd and even more uninformed.

Back to my point, I was trying to offer Peter some input regarding his query and your suggestion that he should ignore the designer's operational direction could very well result in toasting his big dollar gear...very uncool.
So I shouldn't use 12 ga. speaker cable from Ace Hardware on the Spectral amplifiers?