Power cable management

Is there any consensus on what to do with power cords that are too long? I figure the options are:

1). Coil neatly
2). Wrap neatly back and forth kind of like a bow tie
3). Leave as a rats nest and try to ignore it

I am currently employing option 3 but would like to staighten it up a little. This is for relatively flexible captive power cords on some older equipment I have. I also have some stuff that takes UECs but my aftermarket cords are made to just about the right length so there isn't really any excess to worry about.
mhedges
With captive cables you could always cut them to length and install much better plugs than what are on there. Even if they are just 2 prong you don't have to wire the ground lug on the upgraded plugs. That's a pretty easy mod.
I tie captive cables in the "bow tie" and bind them with velcro straps. That is if you don't want to cut them. I usually don't cut them in case I sell or move it to another location. One other option I have done is weave the excess back and forth under the component, but that usually works its way out.
I think both coil or bow tie are bad .. I think it will maybe induce eddy current, or act as an anthena if they are not poperly insulated.
Post removed 
I make every effort to have power cords not touch the floor using Suspendors, a ceramic isolator. I also seek to have them cross each other at right angles or close to it. Of late I have been using charged cables which might be insensitive to being on the floor, etc. I have not found that to be the case, less sensitive yes but not insensitive.