Morrow SP1 or SP2 cable vs Speltz Anti-Cable?

Hi,

Trying to decide whether to go with Speltz or Morrow. Your experiences? Thanks! This will be for a new pair of Merlin TSM's.
rebbi
After extended listening, I found the Anti Cables sounded somewhat artificial and reduced the soundstage noticeably. No such problem with the Morrows - very musical, and highly recommended!
Hoiwever, as cables are so system dependent, I would suggest you try them both in YOUR system - both companies allow trials and returns.
Foster_9,

Thanks for the post. I am so far stumped trying to find 9 gauge, simple, stranded, copper speaker wire. I've seen 10 gauge, such as Vampire Wire. If anybody knows of 9 gauge speaker wire, I'd love to know!
I am using all Ayre electronics with long balanced interconnects and very short speaker cables that are not twisted. The sound is coming from Vandersteen 5A's...very wide and deep...at least as good as any other cables I've tried. I am using Accrolink/Furutech and Accrolink/Oyeida power cords ....I am very happy. I noticed when the Anti-Cables were new, they were not as good as after a long break in period...other than that, I have no complaints.
Rebbi,

Are either Morrow or Speltz even close to 9 gauge? I am having a bit of trouble tracking with this thread. It sounds like the Merlin rep is recommending dryer pigtails!?! Check out Blue Jeans Cable...
Knownothing,

Yeah, sorry, the thread's kind of a mess.

To bring some order to it. Bobby Palkovich, owner and designer at Merlin, recommended the 9 gauge, copper speaker wire. Actually, he particularly recommends some flavor of Cardas wire, but that's way beyond my budget. I'd had some Anti-Cable here that was braided into a bi-wire configuration at the factory. Just sold it, since the Bobby P. recommended using his supplied Cardas jumpers and just running the speaks in single-wire mode.

I checked at the Blue Jeans site. They have a Belden cable which is almost there -- 10 gauge. Almost.

I finally found that a company that advertises quite extensively on Audiogon, called Supra Cables (made in Sweden, of all places) has a cable that fits the bill, and it's "cheap" by audiophile standards. It's called "Classic 6.0." It's 9 gauge, all copper strands, tinned to reduce "skin effect." And it's only $72 for a 3 meter pair, unterminated, from the distributor, sjofnhifi-dot-com, or you can also order it from Madisound. Anyway, Bobby from Merlin said he hadn't heard it but it looked promising, so I'll give it a go. By the way, sjofn sells it direct with a 30-day money back guarantee.