To bi-wire or not to bi-wire?

I have a pair of B&W 804 Nautilus speakers. They are currently bi-wired with Kimber 8TC cables. I am going to upgrade the cables and was curious as to whether there is a significant difference in sound with bi-wiring. Most of the cables for sale on Audiogon are not bi-wired. If I stay with the bi-wired cables it narrows the field for some good used cables.
hobbyist_and_reader
If you bi-wire now and do not know if there are any benefits, why bother?

Kal
There is no simple answer as the whole question of bi wiring is highly controversial. My own advice is to go for one really good pair, like Cardas GRs or GCs or equivalent and a pair of jumpers. If you do bi wire I would go with the dedicated bi wire cables [ one set of connectors on one end and two on the other] rather than 2 different sets. I have bi wired , bi amped and whatever and found that results vary with equipment and your taste.
run jumpers with you current wires and see if you hear more clarity with the bi-wire. I do with my Alon speakers.
Try bi-wire and single wire with the cable you have now and see if you hear an improvement.

As with most things in audio, you just have to try it.