Cables for Sophia 2 and Burmester

Hi!

I have been looking into the possibilty of upgrading my powercords, interconnects, and speakercables. At this point I use Brahma powercords and Thor distributor, Tyr interconnects and speakercables. I have tried Valhalla interconnect between my amp and cd player, but it lacked a little body and sounded in my view a tad dry.

There are not many possibilities borrowing cables in Norway. I have looked at Shunyata Python CX for the powercords, and Stereovox / Synergistic Research / Transparent Audio / Crystal Cable for the interconnects.

I like the dynamics of the Valhalla, and the 3D sound. But in my wiew it had a little dip in the upper bass and tended to be on the dry side. Due to this female vocalists sometimes lacked body. But that is in my system.

My equipment consists of Burmester 032 integrated amp, Burmester 061 cd player, Wilson Audio Sophia 2, Revox B77mk2, and the cables mentioned. I tried the same cable set up at Quad ELS 63 with Gradient sub basses, and the lack of body and dryness was still there.

Thanks!

Cheeers, ToffenG
toffeng
I am running Synergistic Tesla Precision Ref between my 001 and 032; Tesla Apex between 032 and speakers.
HI!

Thanks! What kind of speakers do you have? And how will you describe the sound?

Cheeers! ToffenG
I have Hansen Prince V2's - see my system. I think the sound is well-rounded with no marked deficiencies.
ToffenG,
Since none of us knows the character of Burmester electronics, we all be speaking to ''air''. Simply because, we don't know the faults of burmester combination.(sonicaly speaking) However, all we know Sophia 2, at least I do own actualy since 2006. I would say go transparent cable(reference series) all the way except powers but I know it is supposed to be expensive in Norway.(at least from amp to speak.) Kubala Sosna is another option, you may go all the way with Kubala Sosna( elation-emotion)
I know the Burmester sound well. I would recommend Transparent Reference cables.