Speaker cables where to begin?

I have a system I am comfortable with so far I believe the cables are the weakest link.

I am currently using transparent audio music wave cables in 15 foot length. Unfortunately, I can't go much shorter possibly 12 feet but that is stretching it.

My system consists of and Accuphase E-408 integrated amp, Transrotor Darkstar TT with JR arm (AKA jelco 750D) benz micro glider 2 Low output cartridge using the Accuphase AD-20 card. Other components are an Accuphase T100 tuner and Arcam DV29 for occasional CD listening.

Everything is run through a Richard gray 600 Pro. Interconnects are older straightwire.

I am not looking to spend a fortune on cables although I was thinking I should use a biwire terminated end for the speakers. I guess the question is what would do the best for my system 1st vs what is most economical improvement? Some day I am sure I will make other upgrades but for now I am looking at speaker cables and possibly power cords and what would do justice to my system.

I did notice an incredible improvement in CD sound quality with the addition of the RG 600. Should I expect an equal improvement from both TT and CD with speaker cables?

Thanks
cobaltturbo
look for some good DIY and listen i sold my pair transp.subw 2000 cables traded down to supra diy cables bare ends $12give me a gun i could of saved $1988 and been a happy camper at least had more cash dont by into the $$$$$$$$$$
Maddoggy brings up a great point. Don't always think a higher cost means better. Try to demo any potential replacement cable in your home on your system to see if it is worth the cost to you.
Isn't there a break in period? How does one demo cables? I see used cables offers a program at 15% of the cost If I don't buy I loose 15%. I guess that is better than paying up so much for expensive cables. Are there other options to demoing cables?

I have sat at my local store and they had switched cables to allow me to hear the differences. I was surprised how much change there was in the sound stage and tonal quality from one cable to the next. Although these were much higher end components and not every system is made equally.
Try out some Anti-cables and know you can sell quickly if not in step with your system.They replaced Cardas Neutral Ref. here with Merlins and Mac,good luck,Bob
Try out some Morrow SP3s or SP4s... give them plenty, and I mean plenty, of time to breakin. He has a 60 day trial period, with money back.

I think you will be quite surprised at what you hear. I know I was. And very affordable new compared to many other cables.

I'm just a happy customer, no business affiliation with Morrow Audio.

:) listening,

Ed