Interconnect for sweet, silky violin sound

Yes, I know, component interactions and all that sort of stuff. But maybe that can be set aside for now. Can anyone, mainly you classical violin fans, recommend an interconnect(RCA)that assists in primarily presenting the sound of the violin as easy,silken and sweet as opposed to bright,peaky,wirey,thin and acidic? I realize every register of this instrument isn't just one way or the other, but there are plenty of components out there that just can't get the violin to sing the way it does at a live concert. I'd just like an honest facsimile. Kind thanks for any assistance here.
opus88

The SRs are really remarkable generally speaking. I borrowed SR cables I could not afford through the Cable Company, and was very impressed with them on the two systems I had back then. Especially the Apex. Because of affordability issues, I settled on the Accelerators which were really pretty good.

One way or another (paying attention to remarks by other 'goners), I came to learn about Morrow. At the time the highest level of Morrows was SP3s and MA3s. I was very impressed with those cables.

I have another system which I would describe as having issues too numerous to get into here. Huge potential, but difficult to resolve. The SRs solved many of them, but not the sibilance which on some recordings was just plain difficult to bear.

The SP3s and MA3s surprised me. Mostly solved the upper-end issues while at the same time being very musical and detailed (after one huge break-in period). Mike suggested I try his newest versions (the 4s). Wow... no issues with that system... in fact, it is my preferred system: detail, musicality, great bass, etc. The Morrow cables do not have the pinpoint defined soundstage typical of SR, but I can live without that dynamic at the price. The final topoff was the Morrow MAP3 PCs... just remarkable for the price. Everything clicked into place at that point.

None of this is meant to disrespect or find fault with the SR products in any way. They are really, really remarkable. All of the SR cables except for one. The only SR cable I didn't care for was the SR USB cable... just couldn't make it settle down after countless hours of breakin and listening.

Every system has its own quirks and difficulties, and the Morrows took care of nearly all of my issues with my most difficult system. After several months with the Morrows, I haven't had a listening session in which I wasn't positively impressed by the experience of the music using the Morrows. Never a second guess now.

You asked... what can I say? If you have the money, go for the SR Apex SCs and ICs as well as the Hologram PCs... but if you have to watch the overall allocation of your resources, I'd give Morrow a serious (and well-broken-in) trial.

:) listening,

Ed
Stealth Indra--but then the soft- as well as the hardware better be good. They are as neutral as they come.
Case in point: The CD of Hilary Hahns rendering of the Bach Solo Sonatas and Partitas finally began to sound right to these here ears, after I had changed to the Indras.
It's not always just a matter of ic choice. There's lots of interactions that go on between components and lots of times different cables will react in different ways depending on the system they're used in. I've used lots of different cables over the years and have found that the most consistent and best sounding no matter what I use them with is PNF Audio. Spend more and you're wasting time and money. The real trick is finding cabling that works together as another component, because that's what it really is. Try PNF Symphony speaker cables, and some of their ICON ic's together and you won't be sorry.
New MIT Shotgun S1.3 series cables will deliver the goods and then some...especially for classical and jazz lovers:O)
violinist here, i use Siltech, they are very detailed at the same time, smooth and silky. It's detailed as you can tell the recording style, whether live or studio, even the characters of different violin as well. Like a comparison between Stradivari and Gueneri, u can really feel it.
I had been looking for something neutral for awhile, and when i found Siltech i decided it was the one to keep. I use Siltech power cord, interconnect and speaker cables, their price truly reflect the quality of the sound, their high end stuff is amazing.

Try to audition them.