Computer vs CD/SACD discs

I am simplifying my system and getting out of vinyl. Actually sold all the vinyl and analog gear already. I was planning on going to computer audio and have been playing with it but really don't see the benefit over just slipping a disc into the tray. I also am getting a bit frustrated by all of the options of downloads, cables, inputs and opinions all over the place. I would welcome opinions thoughts on computer audio vs the old fashioned, putting a disc on the tray and pushing play. ( Streaming, I use spotify, exempted as this is a nice way to demo new music).
davt
I don't know what his motivations are for saying this, but I find it ridiculous.

What makes you think he has any motivation here. He is simply stating an opinion.

I happen to have heard Dbphd's system on a number of occasions and it is quite good. Asking John Atkinson a question doesn't make anyone a slave to Stereophile. I ask him questions too and take great interest in his measurements of components. BTW so does Roger Modjeski of Music Reference who happens to design some outstanding amplifiers and other components.

Dbphd's point to me was quite clear. Some people prefer playing the shiny discs over dealing with the nuances of computer audio (which is far from perfect). So why not go for the best player you can afford and enjoy your music. Personally if I had the sizable collection of CDs and SACDs that Dbphd has I would still be playing the shiny discs as I would not find the amount of time it would take to rip them to a HD worth it. In which case I would still be using my CEC transport and Lessloss DAC.
Dbphd's point to me was quite clear.
My interpretation is his purchasing decision was solely base on JA's opinion with special emphasizes on JA as someone special. Bottom line is it's his $$ but I just find it humorous. I communicate with many professional reviewers but never base a purchasing decision on any ONE.

Personally if I had the sizable collection of CDs and SACDs that Dbphd has I would still be playing the shiny discs as I would not find the amount of time it would take to rip them to a HD worth it.
Grannyring volunteers. He needs the exercise.
Ha, you know how much I like to rip cd's! I would rather relax in a dentist
chair and have another crown put in :)
My interpretation is his purchasing decision was solely base on JA's opinion with special emphasizes on JA as someone special.

Actually he asked my opinion as well and I am sure a few more people. Again, I thought his point was clear. Asking Atkinson was more about the guy using the player himself as opposed to being someone special, which personally I think he is as far as someone who works for an audiophile magazine.

I communicate with many professional reviewers but never base a purchasing decision on any ONE.

Well maybe you're the special ONE.