AC Power Cord and Krell Pre

I have a Krell Evo 202 preamp. The manual says to use the power cord supplied with the preamp. I can understand that instruction both for liability purposes and for assuring a satisfactory connection. But would a high quality aftermarket power cord actually improve the sound? If you think so, which cord or cords?
kusina
I'm not a fan of Krell products. That being said, I do have several friends who own Krell gear. They all seem to prefer Transparent or MIT power cords and cables.

Cheers,
John
I've wondered this to Kusina. Perhaps as it's stated in many HiEnd stereo equipment ops manuals not to use any other power cords they are trying to relay some useful info such as "The products sound needs not altering" through other manufacturers power cords. Are you meaning to tell me that, that preamp for that buck doesnt sound sublime?
Pull the wool off first. OK, there are NO GAURANTEES that any particular component will sound it's best with ANY specific power cord. Stock cords may or may not sound good depending on the quality of the cord and ancillary equipment..so many variables so little time. Cost of a component does not equate with a great PC. only trial and error can determine your best solution and that's why God made the Cable Company..well, Robert Stein actually.
Thanks for your comments. The Krell Evo 202, according to the Krell manual, has its own power conditioning system, and Krell says that it should be plugged directly into the wall, not into a power conditioner. Also, one should use the cable that is supplied with the unit. But I can't help wondering if an aftermarket cable would improve the sound. If Transparent and MIT cords have their own filter boxes, wouldn't they duplicate or perhaps negatively impact the filtration provided by the Krell itself? Has anyone actually experimented with aftermarket cords on the EVO 202? There are so many brands of power cords that I hardly know where to start. I think, though, that I would prefer cords that don't actually filter the signal.