Warm copper speaker cables under $500 new

Recent cable experiments have demonstrated two things to me:

1) I like copper better.
2) Unfortunately, while the economy brands are very good, it is possible to do better.

I am now in the market for something that will be warm - not bright in the least - and full, yet detailed. And I do seem to favor solid-core wire (single or more than one, individually wrapped) to stranded.

Any suggestions?
paulfolbrecht
I had a pair of golden cross 1 meter RCAs for about two weeks. They were anything but warm. I was pairing them with a Musical Fidelity A308 Integrated and a Benchmark DAC, conditioned through Shunyata Taipan Helix cords and Hydra conditioner. The golden crosses were EXTREMELY bright. I then tried a pair of Acoustic Zen Reference II's that did the trick and tamed the upper frequency while providing great resolve. From what I've heard this is opposite of expectations, as the AZs are a silver/copper blend compared to the Cardas all copper design.

In the end, I sold the A308 Integrated and picked up a Sunfire TGA5200 to simplify my setup. Now I realize just how warm (and truly resolving) the Musical Fidelity A308 really was. For solid state I'm not sure I'll find anythign that matches it and I've tried Rotel, Outlaw, Anthem (A5) and now this Sunfire (which I'm leaning keeping as it's holding the compromise well enough between HT and 2 channel).
fwiw the one time I listened to Cardas Golden Cross with my Maggie 1.6 speakers I hated it. It was the most lifeless sound I ever got from my stereo. Maybe it would be better in someone elses rig who knows...
Audio TeKne, Auditorium 23 !! , Nanotec strada # 79 ( nano 3 or not).
But they will have to match with your speaker-amp !!
I am going to suggest Cardas Cross, although you'll have to buy them used for your price point.

I will simply say this-let your ears make the decision & don't let anybody influence that.

I whole heartedly second all of Gregg Straley's Reality Cable products. Fantastic bargain and amazing performance. Transparent as all hell and super detailed without harshness. However be careful with his tube interconnect, it doesn't work with all tube amps (like mine: an Art Audio Carissa). His speaker cables are THE BEST (certainly for the $$$).