Cables under the rug.....

I have researched the topic with some vigor and know about almost all of my options regarding wiretracks, corner molding, etc.

My question is more fundamental: What do I do to bury cables at a door threshold. The room is carpeted...and I have traditionally cut the padding and tape(d) the wires down...and then carpeted over the lot.

I have a signifigant amount of cable---rgb, straightwire meastro interconnects, speaker cables (synergistic), and a few others...so there is a sh*#load of cables.....

I would prefer another method as, eventaully, the foot traffic will wear on the wires AT THE THRESHOLD.

I've got the rest of the run covered.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Erik
yesfan
Thresholds can be easily removed, modified by routing space for some cable(s), and replaced; or a new threshold can be purchased, routed, etc. Any decent carpenter or many lumber yards could easily do this. Cables can be run around the perimeter of the room under the wall moulding, if it is thick enough, to keep them a bit away from the carpet. All of this likely requires very long (and expensive)cable runs, and, if the accounts of the deleterious sonic effects of modern synthetic carpeting are true, ceiling runs seem far more practical on all counts. Good luck.
The trouble with cables in the ceiling is that if they are too far off the ground the sound could be compromised.
Taesando wrote:
"The trouble with cables in the ceiling is that if they are too far off the ground the sound could be compromised."

Please explain, I'm curious...

Thanks,

-RW-
Sound, especially with cables, can be compromised in so many different ways. I was mentioning one of them
Tarsando,
Are you suggesting that the cable somehow knows how far off the ground it is.
Is this some sort of new intelligent design cable?
We'll call it AIC.