grateful dead remasters

how good is the sound of the remasters verus the oringinal
cds?has anyone heard the 4cd stepping out in england cd?
thanks,al
alpass
The remasters are on Rhino because the remastered albums were originally released by Warner Brothers, which owns Rhino. Nothing to do with the Arista contract. Rhino, however, *is* rumored to be negotiating with the Dead for rights to the Vault.
danlevy et al, thanks for the tip. i bought the remaster of the 1st dead album yesterday and it made for some GREAT driving around. can't wait to play it on my cd player in the house where i can really hear the thing! ahhh, morning dew...i do believe the album never sounded so good.
having re-read this thread, my next purchase will have to be "Steppin' Out".
If you like the Pizza Tapes, you HAVE to get "So What". It is recorded in the same studio and by the same person as the Pizza Tapes (Dawg Studios and Dave Dennison). The imaging on track #2 "Bag's Groove" makes me shiver every time I hear it.

I have all of the Dick's Picks but its sooo hard to pick a fovorite. The Bears Choice from the Golden road boxset is realy cool! Also, the So Many Roads Box set has some amazing recordings ( I think Dick picked these tunes out too).

Enjoy!
For all you Jerry heads, check out "How sweet it is" Great dynamics, Groovin John Kahn, soul-riddled Hammond solos, and of course Jerry Nirvana...Throw it on a SET, close your eyes and enter Jerryland..
If "like a road" dosen't make you cry...well then you just ain't human!!!
The co-producers of So Many Roads were Steve Silberman, David Gans and Blair Jackson. They're the ones who picked the tracks. It's an excellent set.

And, yes, "How Sweet It Is" is a marvellous release. The "Tears of Rage" is just gorgeous.