VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
Snook, maybe your tire kicking was sniffed out and properly dismissed!

I have received nothing but thoughtful and very forthright service from my many interactions with Virtual Dynamics. (albeit with much lower priced cabling)

Though the pricing is substantial, I can understand the restock/trial expense. Once used, Cabling takes a huge hit in value (but we all know that).
Distortion, I never answered that thread just interested in why I couldn't find it. I am highly interested in getting the cable but that kind of pitch makes one suspect. I was also told that if I acted for purchase in 24 hours I could get a better deal. He never did give a true price. Inquiries were for the Revelation 2.0 and the genesis. Should buying a cable be this difficult?
You're right it shouldn't be difficult. The last time I spoke with them (VD that is) they seemed to be willing to make some "act now" deals. Which, IMO, is better than a "take it or leave it deal."

I can understand your suspicion. However, poor sales technique does not make for a poor product. I do agree with you.. I don't like "hard closer" sales pitches either. On the other hand, a discount on the product to get the customer to make a move it not such a bad idea.
Snook2,
Steve at GNSC is a VD dealer. Shoot him a call, I'm sure you could work something out.
Rja, I'm not sure what GNSC is? I'll check with VD again. I think they were just a bit aggressive when found the price level of my system.