VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
Bombay,
Being a 5 year veteran (non-dealer), I had the impression we were here to converse and compare equipment as real world users ?
Ozzy-
I have a 10' pair of bi-wire Revelation speaker cables, also with 1 speaker close to the amp. I have coiled that pair and have experienced no adverse sonics that I can hear. In addition, I would caution you not to be too quick to come to judgement on these cables, i.e. what they do or don't do. What I discovered, confirming what I had been told, was that they take quite a while to fully break-in, changing at 100, 200, 500 and 800+ hours. Mine did change in some not-so subtle ways at approximately each of these mileposts. DO NOT BE CONCERNED - HAVE PATIENCE. After they hit about 800 hours, it was as if some sort of final VEIL was lifted and the music in my system sounds like a live performance, regardless of the type of music, as long as its pretty well recorded. In fact, at times it almost sounds BETTER than live. Yes, the cables are THAT good, and when fully broken in are just amazing. They reveal background instruments and other sonic cues better than any other speaker cables I have ever heard. Simply put, they get out of the way of the music - a commendable trait, IMHO. Enjoy...
It's really a stretch to suggest that Audiogon moderators remove threads because one particular product is preferred to another.

Unless of course the moderator is Oliver Stone in which case all bets are off and the threads are most definitely controlled by the advertisers through subliminal telepathic messages on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 2AM and 5PM.
800+ break-in hours is over 33 days, I believe that.

You realize how musical your equipment really is with these cable(s) making the **connection**

The website is very imformative and explains how their technology works.

Go Rick go !
Thanks for the encouragement. Wow ! 800 hours, 33 days 24/7, !!!

I play my stereo about 2 hours a day M-F and maybe 5-8 hours on weekend days. So about 22 hours a week.

At this rate, it will take me 36 weeks or 254 days !
I hope I expedited this break in time by using my Audiodharma Cable Cooker with them for a week .