VD Revelation Speaker cables -

I read reviews of these cables and usually there are good comments about the cables bass response and dynamics. But no mention of the upper frequency abilities. This makes me wonder...

From Stereo Times Review in December 2005.
"The Revelation sounds surprisingly real and un-electrical. It takes the “system” sound away from your electronics and gives them an almost a human touch. Some might judge this as rolled-off in the highs, or too warm in the midrange. I say it’s neither."

So, I dont know, perhaps I am thinking too much between the lines of this review. Is there rolled off highs in this cable that is detectable to us common folk?.

I have seen other comments on different cables stating about there high frequency characteristics as, "its a natural sound" Do they really mean it does not have extened highs? In my experience, many times that is the case.

Please dont get me wrong I love bass , midrange , dynamics and soundstage qualities but the cable also has to hit the high Frequency extremes.

I would appreciate anyone with experience with these cables would comment on the cables upper frequency abilities.
That is, does it sound like a cymbal crashing with impact and detail and shimmer or does it sound like a muted aluminum pie plate off in the distance?
128x128ozzy
I ordered a 10 foot bi-wire pair. 3-4 weeks for delivery.

Question : Since one speaker will be much closer to my Amp than the other, is ther any suggestions as to how to configure that cable?

I thought that VD said to keep it in a circular pattern, but that was always a no-no. And, based on the comments of the cables stiffness, is that even possible ?
Ozzy, the speaker cables are siff but it helps if you map out the spot where you think the cables will go.You then place the cables roughly and start ajusting the ends of the cable to your equipment so that when you go to hook it up,only small bends are necessary.VD. cables do not suffer from typical cable interactions since they are shielded so well,and they ship in a cicular box anyway,so a circle may work for you!I have worked with many a pair and do find them challenging (especially the 6 gauge)but with patience and determination you will recieve a revelation once they are installed.Congats on a great cable and if you find these good,beware that the i/c's and p/c's are even better.Hope this helps and if you need a virtual hand please let me know-cheers Dennis
Thank you Dennis.
I have a VD Master Power cord of recent vintage that I was going to try with my Pass Amp.
I also have a Shunyata Annaconnda, and a Purist Dominus C to try.
If the VD Power cord proves to have possibilities, next on the list will then be a Revelation Power cord
I found the Virtual Dynamics powercords work best on digital sources. This was confirmed this weekend at RMAF as Rick said the biggest impact would be on the digital (transport, CDP, or DAC) source, preamp, and amp in that order. I like the Nite II, but the Master took it up a notch. Now I had a chance to see the new versions of the PCs and can say the Revalation and Genesis are beasts. They could be classified as weapons with the brass and magnets that are part of the construction. Overall I had a great time at the Virtual Dynamics/Star Technologies room. The synergies between the two companies is amazing. Not to mention the new venture Rick is into with solid state amps and Star Technology Caravelle speakers. The sound was some of the best at the show.
Clio09,
So you dont think the VD Master Power cord would be good powering an Amp?

I have used the VD Master power cord (20Amp version) to power my Hydra 8 in which all my digital is plugged into it, including my Sony 60" Widescreen.
I must say the picture is the best using the VD Master as the main cord , so you you are probably right its best used on digital.
I still will try it on my Amp when I get the Rev speaker cables , what the heck.
Thanks for the info.