PAD Venustas

Hi, I never had the chance to listen to it.
anyone out there who uses it - or made comparisons - and can give a small description of it?
Is is smooth sounding?
thomasheisig
Tony, I honestly don't know.

The owner of Purist says Sweden and Germany are going absolutely crazy over Aqueous Anniversary, but of the guys here in the USA that have borrowed both from me, over half preferred Venustas.

Perhaps USA customers have significantly different taste in sound and/or music, or maybe it's something else, like overall effect on their stereo PLUS their surround sound. It's just wild guess at this point, maybe we can determine over time :^).
Maybe it has to with listening room sizes between USA, and Germany and Sweden, Just a ideal.
Interesting idea, I don't know. I asked myself that question too, but more with the Japanese kind of listening.
Do you think, it is different from the culture, that one likes it more analytic than the others ( for example )?
Hmm, this may be a thread in and of itself, but I find this of great interest. I've been very happy with PAD Venustas between my preamp and amp (Pass X1, FetValve 550EXR), but I use Acoustic Zen Silver Ref II between my source and preamp. Is it possible that provides the same result as those who have commented on the Aqueous Ann / Venustas combo?

If there's anything to that premise, then why would that sort of combination be of preferred use in the U.S.? Maybe Fuzzball is on to something. Would it be fair to say that, in general, the listening rooms in Europe are smaller than those in the U.S.? If so, does that suggest, again in general, a lower listening volume compared to U.S. audiophiles? Is it possible that at lower listening levels the AA somehow "works better" by comparison?

Albert, what sort of feedback have you received from those who wound up going with the Venustas?
Tony, Those that were specific preferred Venustas tonal balance, no mention of resolution or imaging differences.

Venustas supposedly delivered better bass, or perhaps "more" bass in relationship to the level of the midrange and highs. I believe our perception of tonal balance is linked to many things including imaging position of the mid and high frequencies in relation to the bass. I know I'm extremely sensitive in that regard.

I think Aqueous Anniversary is more likely to perform poorly prior to reaching maximum break in. Venustas errors by omission before maximum sound is reached, making it easier to live with before it maximizes. So, perhaps the Europeans are more patient than those of us in the USA where everything is better if it's instant.

Again, these are just guesses based on limited information. I should point out that customers that chose Aqueous said it was superior to the Venustas.

That's the way this hobby works :^).