BMI power cord with Musical Fidelity KW 500amp

Hi,anyone have good experience with BMI PC with KW 500 amp or another PC ? where can i purchase the PC in States, if possible email address.Tks

regards,
jy168
BMI didn't go out of business. If I remember correctly, a few years ago, BMI decided to distribute all their products through a distributor. Somewhere along the line, they ended up only distribute to the Asian market. I had followed BMI products early on and had contemplated about buying one. The amp that ended up in my system for the past 8 years had a captive cord, so I didn't pull the trigger.

I recently purchased a new amp which required a powercord, so I started searching for BMI powercords again. What I found out was that the BMI powercord has become very popular in Asia, selling in the range of US$1500-US$6000+. A friend just did some search for me and there were two used models selling in Hong Kong for US$1300 (middle of the line) and US$4300 (top of the line). I remember that their early model Whales and Sharks used to go for about $200-$400 on Audiogon. So that's quite a bit of price jump!!! Maybe that's why BMI decided to focus on the Asian market instead.

I just saw a Whale Mk 3 on Audiogon today for US$150, out of curiousity, I bought it so I can check it out. Should be here in a couple of days. Will see how it stacks up to the PS Audio Xtreme Statement and a derivative of VH Audio Flavor 4 that I am putting together.

FrankC
Frank,
You pulled the trigger as I was asking questions. LOL. Good for you. Please report your findings. I was also interested in the VH Flavor 4.
Unsound,

Guess I got lucky this time. ;-) As for the VH Flavor 4, what I intend to do is to encase the body of the powercord insid a 5/8" diameter vinyl/rubber (?) tubing I got from Orchard Supply, Fill the tubing with sand, and seal the tubing with silicone caulking. The sand acts as damping material. Nothing scientific here, just want to experiment. I will compare it to a regular Flavor 4 to see what effect this has.

FrankC
Frank: Do NOT use "normal" silicone for what you want to do. Silicone is acedic and can cause the plasticizers in cabling to break down and migrate. This migration can contaminate other dielectrics and / or corrosion of the actual conductors. If you must use silicone, find some "non-acedic" stuff.

Other than that, mechanically damping the Flavour 4 should help it out. The added mass may make it tough to work with as it is already pretty rigid to begin with. That's just my opinion though. Sean
>