Who is going to the CES show?

My guess is that there might be some Audiogon posters going to the CES show. Last year when I got home,I found out about a lot things that I missed. For those members who are going, it might make sense to post your cell # in case anyone finds some incredible products that they think others might want to see while there. That way some of us might be able to hook up and see some products that we otherwise might have missed.
rivercitylad
CES ends on 9-11, so I guess not. I am flying out on Jan 7th to be there when the show opens the next day.

I do know that several important manufacturers are not planning to show. I heard that Audio Research cancelled because the Gold Nugget said no more private shows in their hotel. Maggie, Theta and others also showed privately at the Nugget, I don't know if they cancelled or went in with "The Show."

"The Show" has had problems as well, cancelling their hotel at the 11th hour and moving. I think they are now at the Rio. Better check upon arrival, it has been a mess.
albert: "the show" canceled at the rio; not sure where they may be now. the nugget, for some inexplicable reason, didn't allow any of its "regulars" to display there. hence, avalon won't be at ces, either. FWIW, boulder will be static in its alexis park suite, tho thiel will be using boulder electronics in their room. i'm going to decide tomorrow whether i'll attend ces-2002. not much new expected, but the prices of rooms and airfare keep declining! -cfb
That's a shame. It was always nice to escape from the "zoo" and visit friends at The Golden Nugget.
From the CES web site:

"Bradbury Anderson of Best Buy, Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Greg Drew of 800.com, Alan McCollough of Circuit City, Leonard H. Roberts of RadioShack and Meg Whitman of eBay."

Yeah, these would be my choices for people I would trust to discuss high-end audio and recommend components for my system. Geez.

chas
They can't use the intelligent high end people, the general public and much of the CES crowd do not recognize their name.

How often do people ask you if you use Bose because it is the best of high end?