Mapleshade Golden Helix Vs Double Helix

I have and enjoy a pair of Golden Helix speaker cables. I love these cables for many reasons, but I'm looking for more fullness to voices without loosing the quickness and sparkle in the process.
Does anyone have experience with Mapleshade's more expensive cable?

Thanks
ssglx
Nonoise, Seems like you are "reaching" for Valhalla or Nirvana. I just wanted to throw my 2 cents AGAIN into the mix.

I spoke to a sales rep at the Mapleshade Store who claimed that the "Plus" version of Golden Helix speaker cable makes little difference in the sound, if you are listening to classic rock or jazz fusion; except, it may provide a tad more smoothness on the top end. The "Plus" flourishes with quartet or chamber music or acoustic jazz in which ultimate background silence yields more detail and holographic imaging.

In pondering this "thread" over the weekend, and some of my other desperation inquiries, I questioned: when might it be time to end the quest for the last 15 percent of audio heaven. I know there is two moves I could make that will/might/could get me closer. However, my system is nearing what I like to call "peak potential" or the cumulative peak potential of the components, notwithstanding the variety of the interconnects, and cables.

As recommeded by Comrade Nonoise, acquistion of the Double Helix cable will be initiated soon for auditioning.

However, last week I came to the realization that I am just freakin auditioning speaker cables and not necessarily listening to and enjoying the music. I am the last one to advocate the "let it be" attitude, and "stop trying to push the envelope".

After auditioning Clear Day's single wire speaker cable, I reaffired to myself that there are things on many of the CD's that I play, I have never heard before. Including a wider soundstage, better dynamics, and layers of sound, though this last improvement was less noticeable and consistent. I am not sure how long the "let it be" spirit will hold up for me. The last time such wisdom was revealed to me, its duration was about 36 hours before I lapsed back into "audio nervosa"

Nevertheless, I thought these mutterings or mumblings might be useful to someone on AG.
SunnyJIm,

I hear you. Elucidation, when offered, is a far cry from mutterings and mumblings.

As one who thinks he's reached his sonic goals, only to discover that he just went sideways, I can share in the frustration this wonderful hobby requires of us.

I sincerely hope the Double Helix allows you some respite, only to discover it's all you needed.

All the best,
Nonise
Forget what I said about bi and tri wiring with the Double Helix speaker cables.

Not 2 hours later they took a big turn for the better. I was listening to Melody Gardot and her voice took a turn downwards, tonally, about halfway to Lauren Bacall. Having heard her just the week before I was quite familiar with how she sounds so I took out the Clear Day single runs and the regular Helix cables.

That mid and bass improvement I had gotten with the multiple wire set up was starting to bloat and smear as the Double Heilx were breaking in. I should have not been so impatient and let well enough alone. I haven't experienced a cable do that in such short a time.

These Mapleshades are fast becoming quite wonderful sounding all on their own. Formidable in presentation. Beautifully balanced and full bodied, making me think twice about that comment I made earlier about missing that last octave and a half. What's down there is now very convincing.

The highs are a bit behind but coming along fine, eeking along and getting airier and more extended.

Lest anyone think I'm a bit impulsive about these cables, let me (re)assure you I am. SunnyJim, I hope you're enjoying these as much as I am.

All the best,
Nonoise