CD Tweeks...Improve Ripped SQ?

Hi All,

I'm seriously considering coming over to the geek side of music playback. :-}

All of my shinny polycarbonate and aluminum platters have had CD treatment done to them.

The process I use is:
1) Optrix Cleaner
2) Audio Desk CD Lathe with black edge marker
3) Nespa Pro 30sec treatment
4) Acoustic Revive RD-3 Demagnetize

So the big question is...

Does a treated ripped CD sound better than an untreated ripped CD?

Anyone A/B a standard CD to a treated CD after ripped to a hard drive?

Thanks,
128x128rodge827
09-10-13: Geoffkait
The same reasons why treated CDs sound better than untreated CDs apply to why ripped files produced by treated CDs sound better than ripped files produced by untreated CDs.
I disagree completely. Let's leave it at that, s'il vous plaît.

Regards,
-- Al
I disagree completely as well. CDP cannot, playing in real time, reread sector with wrong checksum. When it happens it corrects errors on small scratches (roughly up to 4mm along), interpolates data for medium scratches (4-8mm) and loses data (pops) for longer scratches. Ripping CDs is different and can be done bit perfect. On my MAC I use program called MAX with selected option "Do not allow to skip" that forces laser to go to same sector for as long as necessary to get proper checksum. I can remove disk, scratch it a little, rip it again and it will produce exactly same file. It might only take a little longer, as Mapman mentioned. This file has no timing (being data) and therefore has no jitter. Jitter will be promptly added by device that creates timing for D/A converter, digital cables and D/A converter itself.
Rodge827,

I reread this thread again and I noticed, including me, no one asked you if you ran the test and listened for any differences.

So I will ask now, did you?

No I haven't ripped and compared an untreated to treated disc.
Fact is I have never ripped a disc to a hard drive, computer, NAS, etc...

I have however compared treated to untreated discs and found that there is a difference in sound quality for the better. When my girlfriend moved in (now my wife) we had a lot the same CD's. As I learned about different CD treatments I did A-B tests by treating my discs and comparing them to hers. As mentioned in my first post I wondered if said treatments made a difference in ripped discs to a file.

I have been wanting to go to a disc-less set up for some time but until now haven't felt that the effort was worth the reward. Comp audio has come a long way and there are many new products and software that have brought the sound quality up to where it is acceptable to these ears.

I had planned to sell off my modded 47 Labs Flatfish transport and the CD treatments to help fund a server, dac, power supplies, and NAS. If the treatments made a difference I would keep them if not then they would go.