Power Cord Burn-In

I know, I know...this has been posted before but I swear I searched the archives and couldn't find what I was looking for so here's my question:
Just purchased a new pc for my cdp.
Can I burn this cord in without turning up the volume( family factor) and can I leave my preamp and amp off during this process. In other words, can I simply throw a disc in my cdp and press play/repeat and let the music play with no volume?
Thanks!
greh
power cord burn-in...is there a DR. in the house ,you guys are giving me burn-out
You guys must have money to burn. I suppose you drive one of those special Chevy Tahoe's they call HUMMER.
This is one of those " My stereo is better than your stereo" situations.
Give me one shred of evidence that this theory exsists.
Thanks, This is fun:)
No money to burn in my house, Scottht. Just no debt, no kids, cheap rent, and a wife who can't wait to upgrade to the biggest, baddest pair of speakers she can find. In addition, we have an English Mastiff and a Jack Russell who regularly insist that Cesaria Evora could sound just a hair better as they ease into naptime. And when these guys are screaming "Dad, buy the Western Electric 300B's!!!" you don't go for the cheap stuff.