cardas golden reference biwire

Just hooked up a pair of used but new wires mentioned above. I did not have my speakers biwired before. There is a significant change with these wires. The bass is just a little overpowering. Will this change with "break in"? or is this a result of the type of wire or the added benefit of the biwire? I am not sure I can live with this much base. However I love the extended mids and highs, trhe soundstage has also doubled incredibly.
dave1117
thanks Maxgain, I will give in some break in time over the weekend. Yea, some questions, or a question to an answer, really gets some fur ruffled...

It's all good.
Interesting finding Dave, that is exactly the results I had with the Golden Cross bi-wires; the upper end was very nice, but the bass way to boomy.
since this is all part of a "big" stem upgrade I will be adding the new pre amp this weekend also. I have been adding components one at a time to hear the sonic diferences each makes. I am wondering what going from my inexpensive SS pre to my expensive CJ 16 tube pre will do to the sound. My listening experience is this pre will help the mids and highs not sure what it will do to the bottom end. If need be, I guess I will have to change cables.

It is interesting that after I added the Bryston 14B SST I loved the overall sound differences from my previous amp. The soundstage and depth was incredible at low listening levels. I was running an inexpensive set of Transparent single wires and bridged the terminals at the speakers. No bass boom but I felt it the overall quality could be better. So in goes the Biwire. So this problem is definately a result of adding the Cardas BiWire to this system so far. I will let you know the results after I add in the new pre.
Dave, I think the CJ WILL be different in the bass by a long shot! It should have more weight, athority, and whollop, along with more texture!
I have had to tweek the speaker placement after every upgrade, even small ones. It's a normal part of the set up process. Boom is usually a room/speaker placement issue for the most part and I would not attribute it to the wire yet.