Electraglide Ultra Kahn / Shunyata Anaconda vx

Guys, I'm soon going to be looking for a very high quality power cable for my transport (system details below) and have both the Ultra Kahn Statement 2 and Anaconda vx on my shortlist. The qualities I favour are musicality and a full bodied tonal structure, with excellent micro-dynamics to recreate a realistic ambiance. I already have an anaconda vx which i think is great however a dealer (with an excellent reputation who stocks both brands) has suggested I will love the Ultra Kahn even more. Alternatively maybe you can suggest other models which may work well for me. I've heard good things about elrod however they are too inflexible for my tastes; similarly any views about the Wollf Carbon Ribbons would be appreciated. thanks Mark

audio synthesis transcend and dax discrete
valhalla i/c with silver bullet plugs
rogue amp with nos gecs / rcas
xindak fs2 spkr cables
hydra 8 with anaconda / python / xindak gold
townshend seismic stand
colesey
Sean, I have four power cables of similar design. Each of the manufacturers has insisted that their cables are accurate and measure linearly. This probably means linear using a frequency sweep. One of the manufacturers even goes so far as to quote your line : "my cables are neutral, any problems are in your system". (Actually, that cable always has some upper mids frequency brightness-aggressiveness no matter where it is placed, and others have reported the same experience with it.)

It can be said that none of the four neutral cables gives the dark-warm-slow sound that many others do, but that's the end of the similarity. They vary greatly on bass, upper mids, top end, dynamics, rhythmic pace, thinness, clarity, speed.

So how is anyone supposed to proceed here? Your statement of switching out gear in favor of accurate cabling sounds great in theory, but until 'accurate cable' has a well-defined engineering basis that correctly predicts at least most of the audible performance of cables, we will be left pretty much where we are now.
Dear Mr. Troll. Accuracy is indeed a matter of personal taste. What I deem to be accurate and what someone else deems to be accurate can be many different shades of gray on the white to black scale. That is a fact that defies your 1 + 1 = 2 mentality.
Neutrality? What is that supposed to sound like? What is the quintessential referent? Is there one? I read this all the time on the 'gon. " I need an IC that will soften up the highs from my cdp." ICs as tone controls? It appears to be a very subjective thing: neutrality. Will my neutral sounding system sound like your neutral sounding system? I know there's no answer for these rhetorical queries, but I finally, fwiw, got all my wires to sound good to me. peace, warren
Flex: My comments, while possibly less than ultimately clear, did not pertain to swapping gear so much as "fixing what was already there". That is, instead of investing in cabling, invest in filtration. As a side note note, there's a lot more to linearity than a frequency sweep.

Michaelwolff: Accuracy has nothing to do with personal opinions. That's called preference. I'm sorry if you can't understand that, but i guess that 1+1=something other than 2 in your book. Since i'll never understand your type of math, especially since you can't explain how the equation actually works, and i don't speak jive nor have i acquired a taste for snake oil yet, i'll call it quits here and now. Sean
>
Sean, I think perhaps that would be best for you, you are having a hard time trying to understand the difference between actual accuracy and perceived accuracy. Measuring the height of an item using a calibrated height gauge is actual. Listening to music through a stereo is based more on the perception of the listener than the actual measurements taken by a laboratory.
Hope that explains the difference.
Either Way Best wishes.
Michael